GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Rip hood blanket off. Don’t spend money on it. Unleash turbo noises. Had mine off for years, as have others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was forced to be removed when I found a family of mice living in it. No negative effects to report. Just rip it off!

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I got around to installing a NeuSpeed Discharge pipe that I got off a fellow forum member who was parting out both, charge pipe and discharge pipe new.

I did the discharge fairly easily however ran into an issue trying to remove the T30 lower/upper screws holding the charge pipe. They are like machine drilled secured. I had zero chance on them. I noticed I began to wear the bolt down so I backed off of fear of stripping it. In the end I gave up on the charge pipe and then read some reviews and having second thoughts of attempting it again. It appears there isn't much of added performance with the charge pipe as there is with the discharge pipe. Worth it to try again?

With that said, I did finally notice a difference with the discharge pipe installed when on the highway. It definitely pulls a lot more smoothly and quicker. I'm not sure how much benefit you would notice with K03 but with K04, that increase in diameter definitely helps with pushing more air. If I was K03 though I think the OEM design is engineered better regarding that it's like pressuring the air into a funnel to give it more force.

fbgmoney

Ready to race!
I hit a pothole and a fuel line going to the fuel filter popped off. Thought I'd share in case you guys are looking for cool new ways to turn your car off.

pdan

Ready to race!
I hit a pothole and a fuel line going to the fuel filter popped off. Thought I'd share in case you guys are looking for cool new ways to turn your car off.

Lol that happens without any help from me at all sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gdub09

Ready to race!
The new headlights.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
But for real, what headlights are these?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I did the discharge fairly easily however ran into an issue trying to remove the T30 lower/upper screws holding the charge pipe. They are like machine drilled secured. I had zero chance on them. I noticed I began to wear the bolt down so I backed off of fear of stripping it. In the end I gave up on the charge pipe and then read some reviews and having second thoughts of attempting it again. It appears there isn't much of added performance with the charge pipe as there is with the discharge pipe. Worth it to try again?

The bolts are tricky to easily get at, but doable

That said...if you can't get it on the car, I might be interested in it

hack-man162

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine was forced to be removed when I found a family of mice living in it. No negative effects to report. Just rip it off!

I will probably remove it and give it a try, but I'm old and do tend to like the quieter things. Though I do love the new growl with the downpipe and intake!

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Do the soundaktor delete as well, then. Fake noise.

This took me maybe 1 minute start to finish, 3 if you include grabbing the screwdriver, definitely worth it, although I had my exhaust on before I did it so I didn't really notice a difference. It's the thot that counts though.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
think i'm gonna hook my soundaktor back up. my car is so quiet i kind of miss the 'growl' that the soundaktor provided now lol

Lazer 100

Ready to race!

It never occurred to me to remove that blanket until now. I read a few other forums and decided to give it a try on my lunch break today. My data logger had me at between 135F - 145F degrees at about 93F degrees ambient temperature, around town driving, which is about 5F deg lower than normal. Plus my intake, DV, and turbo spool (the intake and DV were pretty loud before) sound pretty evil now.

Not bad.

hack-man162

Passed Driver's Ed
My car is a 2010, so I need to delete the "Noise Pipe" and put the Tiguan one on, I guess. Anyone know off-hand how much that goes for? I'm going to remove the blanket for now. It is so broken down, it has already shed all over my freshly cleaned engine.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
My car is a 2010, so I need to delete the "Noise Pipe" and put the Tiguan one on, I guess. Anyone know off-hand how much that goes for? I'm going to remove the blanket for now. It is so broken down, it has already shed all over my freshly cleaned engine.

you could always just cap those instead of replacing it.. just fake noise, all the same.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I

Home Depot and Lowe’s sell pipe block plugs. Nut in the center with a hard rubber plug. Just twist until tight and call it a day. Did this with my old MKV with zero issues.