GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I'll add my box code later, 2.4 rev stage 1+. Car is a 2013 dsg. Stock tcu

Slow throttle response at low speeds and after sudden stops. Really have to get on the gas to start moving. Car definitely feels jerky at low speeds.

It's been a on going issue since 2.0 rev
I just kept quiet. The torque is nice but I'm thinking about just paying unitronic and getting their stage 1+. I'll lose the tq and hp . But at least it will be a smooth ride

I ugraded to a gfb dv+ and that improved the throttle response a bit. Also have charge and discharge pipes installed. But the dv , helped the most.

Sent from my Pixel 2

This has been my thoughts over and over with K04. I'm on APR 3.0 tune but I get the same shieeeeet you guys have with the 2.4 Stg2.

I'm just kind of annoyed that I paid out already so much for APR and upgrade fees and then switching over the MAP sensor for APR... Ugggggggh. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
1 Week Update on the Beta File:
Tune feels like it should, have not had any surging or hesitation.

How many miles?? Tunes always feel good initially until the learning computer in the car kicks in and tries to end the world. :rolleyes:

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor

Thank you for the feedback. The engineers spotted something they thought may be causing the feeling you described, so it sounds like we may have nipped it in the bud. I do realize a lot of people said this seemed to change after some miles, so for good faith, let's keep driving and checking back with each other.

Thank you!

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Thank you for the feedback. The engineers spotted something they thought may be causing the feeling you described, so it sounds like we may have nipped it in the bud. I do realize a lot of people said this seemed to change after some miles, so for good faith, let's keep driving and checking back with each other.

Thank you!

Arin, if this does in fact correct Stg2 tune, will whatever was changed be incorporated into a new K04 Stg2+ build?

I imagine this would be beneficial being implemented into all available tunes...

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
How many miles?? Tunes always feel good initially until the learning computer in the car kicks in and tries to end the world. :rolleyes:
I remember how amazing the tune was when I went from 2.1 to 2 .4 throttle was responsive , car just felt smooth. But like you said that only lasted about a week / week and a half.

I think I'm going to go to send support a message and try the beta tune, problem is I have to find time to go to my local dealer for the flash.

Keep us updated verserk, thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2

Last edited:

Noodle1

Ready to race!
Wish they added crackles, im staying with stratified for now but if apr gets their shit together. I wont mind going back

MTBFL1

Ready to race!
+1 on crackles. I've been watching this thread since it came out, still waiting until it's totally stable to update from the last 1.x revision

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
So far i have logged 1000 Miles since the beta tune was installed. I will update again at the end of the week :)
Think it's time for me to contact support and beta test this tune lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2

tofuD01

Ready to race!
I've contacted Apr support by email and heard nothing back in a week..