GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Certainly worth a shot. I am crossing my fingers it continues to work and the only hesitation i get is when the tires break loose and traction control kicks in.
What stage your running ? good to know . With the sock tires I used to loose traction all the time even with 1+, but the Michelin AS3s I put on are fantastic. traction issue are minimal.

Sent from my Pixel 2

Verserk-MK6

Ready to race!
What stage your running ? good to know . With the sock tires I used to loose traction all the time even with 1+, but the Michelin AS3s I put on are fantastic. traction issue are minimal.

Sent from my Pixel 2

Stage 1+ I am running conti DWS all seasons--Cold weather is the main cause for traction lose.

Verserk-MK6

Ready to race!
APR Stage 1+ Beta file *-*1500 Mile Update: Still no issues on tune and it is acting as it should. Pulls great, lots of power and still none of the issues i was experiencing before. Will update again at 2000 miles.

ahard48

Ready to race!
APR Stage 1+ Beta file *-*1500 Mile Update: Still no issues on tune and it is acting as it should. Pulls great, lots of power and still none of the issues i was experiencing before. Will update again at 2000 miles.

This is great, keep them coming.
What does everything think the general consensus mile range would be to dub this beta tune "a permanent fix"?

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
That is usually all it is. If anything I imagine worse fuel economy but I dunno for sure.

I LOVED it on the SRT4 but it was a different car where it felt more appropriate in the Dodge muscle car heritage. Not to mention, stock it had balls so the sound was backed up.

I mean, unless you get this car seriously moving, crackles is just more rice to throw at it, lol.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I would think so yes... but no idea really.

I don't know where the picture is but on one of the facebook groups Alex @ stratified was talking about how their crackles aren't caused by dumping extra fuel. I don't know if it's the same with APR, but it can be done without dumping fuel. I don't think people know exactly how its done, but people have confirmed via AFR readings that fuel is not being dumped.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I don't know where the picture is but on one of the facebook groups Alex @ stratified was talking about how their crackles aren't caused by dumping extra fuel. I don't know if it's the same with APR, but it can be done without dumping fuel. I don't think people know exactly how its done, but people have confirmed via AFR readings that fuel is not being dumped.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back-fire

I get backfire upon a cold start-up and drive off with my current setup. I feel like it's legit backfire when it does occur because once my car is warmed up, it no longer does it as often.

Where as the tune will produce constant backfire, it has to be dumping fuel to do this I imagine.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back-fire

I get backfire upon a cold start-up and drive off with my current setup. I feel like it's legit backfire when it does occur because once my car is warmed up, it no longer does it as often.

Where as the tune will produce constant backfire, it has to be dumping fuel to do this I imagine.

That's definitely one way that it could be done, but alex has said that's not how they do it. Sure he could be lying but people woulda noticed in their AFRs if they got super rich during the crackles.

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!

PSA TO ALL IN THIS THREAD:

If you are having driveability issues with the v2.4 tune, please post your ECU box code here. If you don't know it and don't have a tool that can retrieve it like VAGCOM or OBDEleven, ask your tuner for it because they definitely know it. I will update this post as people post box codes, and I'll go back through the thread in case others already have. I've been sending PMs based on previous posts.

Users reporting consistent driveability issues:

thatspsychotic: 1K0907115AP S0040
sterkrazzy: 1K0907115AP S0030
tofuD01: 5K0907115N S0010

Users reporting conditional driveability issues:

Ronnie_B 1K0907115AT (warm weather only)

My box code: 06J997029D S1509

I am in a GLI though.

Do ya have a repeatable procedure to show this is happening? And what should the logs look like?

I don't mind collecting some logs if you give me an idea of what to log and what I should do to show similar behaviour as what y'all are experiencing.

tofuD01

Ready to race!
2 weeks since i had emailed apr support and even sent them another email to chase up..heard nothing back other than the automatic response form for information.