GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Marketplace > Private Classifieds - Buy, Sell and Trade > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-16-2019, 04:27 PM   #1
kthor703
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2012 2Dr GTI CSG Manual
FS: G-LOC R12 & R8 Brake Pads

Selling my front set of G-LOC R12 pads and rear set of G-LOC R8 pads. Used for 5 tracks days (not weekends) on brand new rotors. I've retired the GTI from track use (have a 2015 m235i now).

This set up was recommended to me by Danny from G-LOC, based on the car and track experience. The R12s have a bit more bite and a higher thermal rating compared to the R10s.

I really enjoy the feel and modulation of these pads. Very linear and initial bite is strong, but not overly aggressive compared to some other pads. Dust washes off wheels pretty easy for a track based compound.

Pictures of the brakes can be seen here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmzA77Nv

They look rough, but they are used track pads. It's the nature of the environment. These would make a great set for someone looking to do a couple track days and see if they are serious about it. Fronts have about 2-3 days left (depending on speed and skill level) and rears probably about 4-6 minimum. On the track, the fronts take most of the beating. Would prefer to sell as a set, but will consider splitting if they sit for a while.

Pad material left:
Front Inner: 8.5 mm and 8.75 mm
Front Outer: 7.25 mm and 7.5 mm
Rear (Not side specific): 9.6 mm, 9.8 mm, 9.8 mm, and 9.8 mm

Price (shipped):
Front: $85
Rear: $85

New they are $186 for the fronts and $146 for the rear.

Thanks for looking!