GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes / Chassis | Sponsored by The Tire Rack

The Tire Rack
Welcome to the Wheels and Tires section of GolfMK6. This area is proudly sponsored by The Tire Rack.

If you are making a purchase from TireRack, please help support GolfMK6 by clicking through to them with this link or clicking on the Tire Rack banner ad. Doing so helps give back to GOLFMK6 so we can keep this place running!

Old 03-16-2019, 07:50 AM   #1
OlderSlower
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2013 VW Golf R
GENERAL G-MAX RS XL - Anyone tried these tires?

I just ordered a set of General's new summer tires, has anyone tried them yet? The price and early reviews make them seem like a no brainer...
Stage 2+, AWE Downpipe, Forge Twintake, Diesel Geeks Short Shifter, Konis, Wagner Intercooler, HPFP, diverter valve, South Bend Stage 3 Clutch, BFI shift knob and an understated carbon fiber rear spoiler...
OlderSlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 08:05 AM   #2
GolNat
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2013 Base 6 MT
Lmao, I am actually researching the hell out of this tire at this exact moment. The price point (mail in rebate also) has me seriously considering these. I am about 90% convinced to give them a try.

I just want to make sure they can handle stage 2 power and it seems like they should more then capable.
Old 03-16-2019, 10:07 AM   #3
Tony48
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI / K04 / 6MT
I've been intrigued by these but I'm hesitant since they don't have a ton of reviews yet. They seem fantastic, especially at rebate price, but I'll probably go with tried and true Firestone Indy 500's.

In for your opinions!
Old 03-16-2019, 10:33 AM   #4
OlderSlower
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2013 VW Golf R
It's still a little chilly to put them on here in Ohio, but I am eager to try them. My shop does lots of racing and even the Michelin lover racer there says it's a no brainer to give them a try on the street. Can't wait to see.
Stage 2+, AWE Downpipe, Forge Twintake, Diesel Geeks Short Shifter, Konis, Wagner Intercooler, HPFP, diverter valve, South Bend Stage 3 Clutch, BFI shift knob and an understated carbon fiber rear spoiler...
OlderSlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 11:42 AM   #5
GolNat
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2013 Base 6 MT
Just ordered a set. Will report back how they are.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:31 AM   #6
snobrdrdan
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: no VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
I almost got these, because the price was right, but then heard they could be a little noisy and went with a more conservative (and longer life) DWS06 instead. I know the Extreme Contact Sport would've been the better choice, grip wise, but I wanted a longer lasting tire in general...so that's my reasoning for not going with them.

What's weird though is that when they had people review them last year, they were saying they'd have a 45k mile warranty on them.....but now that they're out, there's no mileage warranty:
https://www.hotrod.com/articles/gene...ires-are-made/

Kind of a bummer
snobrdrdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:38 AM   #7
Blakcard
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
https://www.hotrod.com/articles/gene...ires-are-made/

hmmmmm
Old 03-19-2019, 01:30 AM   #8
snobrdrdan
Formula 1 Driver