GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 03-18-2019, 07:07 PM   #15
whitewolf33
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2013 CW Wolfsburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBII View Post
Trade in is for suckers
This. Im shocked at how many people trade cars in I guess for the conveience. The trade in prices are insulting I dont even ask anymore.

I recently got a new OEM bumper thru insurance after a raccoon incident. Hope that doesnt hurt the value too much but it is what it is. I plan on driving this car until theres no value left anyway.
whitewolf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:39 AM   #16
snobrdrdan
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: no VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
ps... car looks great, if that's Shadow Blue that's a rare colour to spot in Canada.
It's carbon steel gray
snobrdrdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:26 AM   #17
Blakcard
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
aaaah, ok. maybe it was the lighting. Looked blue.. could also be my old ass eyes
Old 03-20-2019, 08:45 AM   #18
zrickety
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 155k+
7k plus the tax advantage is not bad. You could probably get more with the right buyer but it's a gamble. If you're set on selling, I would push the dealer for 7500 and just do the deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:38 AM   #19
SnailPower
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2014 GTI Wolfs CSG 4DR MT
Yeah, trade-ins always suck. Suck 10x more with a VW as I see the value isn't the greatest. Bad for the seller, good for the buyer. Even private.

My buddy was able to get a private sold 2014 Jetta fully loaded with only 60k miles on it for $9200 I want to say nearly 2 years ago? Then he sold it to his mother who crashed it 2 weeks after taking it off his hands. She didn't even have the title over to her name yet, lol.
Internal : APR Stage 2+ tune - Soundaktor Delete - Diesel Geek Sigma 6 Short Shifter - R8 Coils - ECS Dogbone Mount Insert - GFB DV+ - NGP Type I Coilovers - KMD Tuning Front Stress Bar - WhiteLine Endlinks - IE CAI - IE K04 - EuroJet DP - Magna Flow Exhaust
External : H8 Pure Yellow Fog Bulbs - 20% All Around Tints - ECS JOM Euro Style Badgeless Grille
SnailPower is offline   Reply With Quote