GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 365-day Photo Blog!

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Alright, so I have been following Grmncrsnbr (link to his thread) on GolfMKV for the last year in his 365 photo blog and decided to make my own.

I am by no means a professional photographer, just an average guy who enjoys taking pics and got started with my obsession with my previous MKV GTI (which may make an appearance as we go along in this blog). Feel free to post comments and suggestions, I'm limited right not to my Canon EOS T2i with the included lens 35-55mm, a large telephoto and my newest addition 85mm f1.8 telephoto fixed lens.

I figure this is a good way to keep me updating the blog, but I will give my best effort to get one pic a day up on here for your viewing pleasure and to hopefully increase my photography skills as we go along.

Blog: 365 Photo Blog

Let's get the year started off right with the new 2012 MKVI GTI on a holiday road trip to the in-laws:

Day 1 - Before swapping out the halogen headlamps, I found this small detail that VW gave us.

I'll throw in a bonus prize since today is New Years and all:

dragonslayer33101

Ready to race!
cool...hope you can get one everyday

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
The river pic there was my Canon Rebel T2i body with the standard lens. I usually shoot rivers at 1/20 sec with a variety of other settings to get the right color/focus.

What do you want to take pics of? Subjects, people, water, landscape? I'm a big fan of details so you'll see many objects from me in various lighting with strong depth of field.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Hey, would it be too much to ask what camera settings you used on each pic each day?

I have a decent camera (canon eos 20d), but not real good with the settings.

BusinessAsUsual

Go Kart Champion
The 85mm f/1.8 is awesome! Prime lens are the best. You'll probably notice you'll want something wider in the future though, especially if you're shooting from a T2i (which is not Full-Frame)

Great pics so far, keep up the nice work!

(quick tip: if you take your pictures in RAW format, the file keeps in memory the settings you used. Open them in Photoshop's Camera RAW and everything is there. Just so you don't have to write everything on a piece of paper each time!)

09vdubgti

Banned
OP, I hope you know what you got yourself into, this is a very hard project. Grmnscbr was the only 1 out of a bunch that actually finished.

09vdubgti

Banned
The 85mm f/1.8 is awesome! Prime lens are the best. You'll probably notice you'll want something wider in the future though, especially if you're shooting from a T2i (which is not Full-Frame)

Great pics so far, keep up the nice work!

(quick tip: if you take your pictures in RAW format, the file keeps in memory the settings you used. Open them in Photoshop's Camera RAW and everything is there. Just so you don't have to write everything on a piece of paper each time!)

you get metadata/exif in jpeg too not just raw