GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Redline MTF options

Jarred767

Ready to race!
So I’m gettin my stuff together to do the Manual Teansmission Fluid change. I’ve read a lot of good stuff about Redline, so figured I’d try it out. Looks like there’s two options MTL and MT90. From what I can tell MTL is 80w75 while MT90 is 90w75. Is one better or preferred for our transmissions? And if they’re both okay, are there advantages to either one?

Just want to make sure I’m putting the right stuff in. Thanks all!

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Thanks, I had read through that for the DIY, but didn’t really go through the entire thread I guess. So it sounds like since I’m in a colder climate, the 80 is probably going to be a better option than the thicker 90, correct?

Sounds about right. I don’t think it’s much of a difference in Oregon. If you’re constantly in cold temps then it would benefit but I’d say no worries with either viscosity you choose. I’d go with thicker for endurance but I always let her warm up no matter the temp depending on urgency of where I have to go and time.

Jarred767

Ready to race!
Sounds about right. I don’t think it’s much of a difference in Oregon. If you’re constantly in cold temps then it would benefit but I’d say no worries with either viscosity you choose. I’d go with thicker for endurance but I always let her warm up no matter the temp depending on urgency of where I have to go and time.

Cool thanks, I’m in eastern Oregon and it’s much colder in the winter than the coast (already had our first snowflakes falling). Think I’ll go with the 80 this time around. Thanks for the help!!