GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR map switching Golf R

035GTi

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone know when APR will offer map switching will be offered on the Golf R. I know that GIAC and REVO offer this already.

08CW R32

Ready to race!
APR told me working on it....

Spoke to them at the H20i show last weekend, they said they are still working on it since the new R has ECU space limitations. I was told the same from APR back in July at the APR/VoA Track Daze eventvat Summit Point.

I would not be shocked if they do not offer this feature for the new R because of the space issue. If they do not figure it out by the end of the year I am just going to get my tune done for the 100 octane and be done with it.

Anyone know when APR will offer map switching will be offered on the Golf R. I know that GIAC and REVO offer this already.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
I'm hopeful they get it done soon also!

R B R; seriously? Your going to run the 100 map??? Wow! that's gonna be some expensive daily driving!!!

08CW R32

Ready to race!
The car is not my daily driver, so when I drive it would be nice to have the increase gains. Have an account with distributor who can deliver 110 gal drums of Sunoco Racing Fuel. That way I can always just fill up and have them send a new drum when running low. Kinda of my own fuel pump.

I'm hopeful they get it done soon also!

R B R; seriously? Your going to run the 100 map??? Wow! that's gonna be some expensive daily driving!!!

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
The car is not my daily driver, so when I drive it would be nice to have the increase gains. Have an account with distributor who can deliver 110 gal drums of Sunoco Racing Fuel. That way I can always just fill up and have them send a new drum when running low. Kinda of my own fuel pump.

Ah ha, the rest of the story! Cool!

I just wanted anyone else who read that to NOT think it's OK to run their daily driver in 100 mode and use standard fuel. Bad practice!

Must be nice to have your own drums of the good stuff readily available! Congrats!

035GTi

Passed Driver's Ed
I was also told that there is not enough space for this but GIAC and REVO have handheld devices which can change files. Would love to have the option to change as I run the 91octane file and it does not benefit me to run higher octane without a proper file for it.

Arin, any update on this?

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Sub'd to know the ECU limitations & the hpfp upgrade,just saying.. ;)

ThatJohnGuy

pppffftttt

Can I piggyback on that account out here in Oregon :p

ThatJohnGuy

pppffftttt
Ah ha, the rest of the story! Cool!

I just wanted anyone else who read that to NOT think it's OK to run their daily driver in 100 mode and use standard fuel. Bad practice!

Must be nice to have your own drums of the good stuff readily available! Congrats!

Water/meth ......... ? YEP

Stifun

Ready to race!
I have APR software for now. But I hear that the HPA Software allows for different Fuel Octane and it adjust automatically all you do is go from Pump/Race gas and the tune changes for the higher oct. gas.

Hopefully this is true and I will gladly switch as soon as I save some more $$$$ Modding can get expensive rather quickly.