GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
Lol, thank you sir!

No dyno yet just lots and lots of logging. So far the motor seems pretty happy at 17 psi on 91 octane. It's probably making around 500whp. Just need a clutch and fueling to run e85 and turn it up to 750+

damn!

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Some may be interested in what the next gen EA888 engine is doing:

528 AWHP / 466 AWFTLBS - Run 1
528 AWHP / 468 AWFTLBS - Run 2
529 AWHP / 470 AWFTLBS - Run 3

APR Stage 3+ 104 Octane (EFR7163R Turbo System)
APR ECU
APR 3+ Fueling
APR Intake
APR Intercooler
APR 300 Cell Catalyst
APR Built Engine
Aftermarket Clutch
Aftermarket Catback

Large streetable powerband. Spooled by 3,400 RPM with over 500 HP from 5,700 to 7,300 RPM.

On 93:

Run 1 - 450 AWHP / 412 AWFTLBS
Run 2 - 457 AWHP / 411 AWFTLBS
Run 3 - 454 AWHP / 416 AWFTLBS

kern417

Go Kart Champion
thats awesome andre. i'm hoping to get into a 435/440 this summer. but there are some amazing deals on e90s right now.

does it still look stock from the outside?

kern417

Go Kart Champion
also, tried again on the balance shaft and of course it came off in 5 min. dropped off my engine and head at the machine shop so hopefully have it back in a week then put everything back together.

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
few updates from my top mount project:

All intercooler and intake pipes mocked up and ready for powder coat. got away with using an aluminum universal piping kit instead of stainless (yes i know weight but we were going to try to minimize the silicone and my fabricators aluminum machine is at his house). but nothing some pipe, a band saw, and a bead roller cant do!

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
sooo ive been tossing the idea around of going back to a recirc valve. Im currently running a Tial Q50 thinking of swapping to the QR. Would any of you guys be interested in buying the Q50? Its basically brand new. ill giv it to you for my cost of the new valve (im a dealer)

eurocars1

Ready to race!
sooo ive been tossing the idea around of going back to a recirc valve. Im currently running a Tial Q50 thinking of swapping to the QR. Would any of you guys be interested in buying the Q50? Its basically brand new. ill giv it to you for my cost of the new valve (im a dealer)

If you had mentioned this a month go I would have bought it. I sold all of my purple stuff to go to black

kern417

Go Kart Champion
probably not worth swapping your setup, but if you were to start over i'd recommend ewg.

also, where are you guys ordering your balance shafts? looks like i may be replacing mine too.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
probably not worth swapping your setup, but if you were to start over i'd recommend ewg.

also, where are you guys ordering your balance shafts? looks like i may be replacing mine too.

I've been using expressoemparts.com for the past few months. I had never heard of them until I came across them on google and gave them a shot. They have dirt cheap prices on everything, it's all OEM stuff and they are quick. There prices are like 10%+ cheaper than DAP.

I made a list of everything I needed/wanted and I ended up saving $90 total going with them instead of DAP. I try to avoid ECS if at all possible, plus I got a new timing chain and didn't trust to get it from ECS.

Balance Shaft Link HERE

kern417

Go Kart Champion
I've been using expressoemparts.com for the past few months. I had never heard of them until I came across them on google and gave them a shot. They have dirt cheap prices on everything, it's all OEM stuff and they are quick. There prices are like 10%+ cheaper than DAP.

I made a list of everything I needed/wanted and I ended up saving $90 total going with them instead of DAP. I try to avoid ECS if at all possible, plus I got a new timing chain and didn't trust to get it from ECS.

Balance Shaft Link HERE

sweet thanks, thats $2 cheaper than the one i was looking at lol :thumbsup:

drepai

Go Kart Champion
thats awesome andre. i'm hoping to get into a 435/440 this summer. but there are some amazing deals on e90s right now.

does it still look stock from the outside?

Thank you sir! Yes, it's staying stock on the outside :)

Are the gains of going EWG worth it at ~400whp levels?

internal gate gt3076 (smaller wheel) vs external gare gtx3076. See how flat the external gate holds the boost when it hits... It's nicer but not worth all the $$ it would take to upgrade.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Thank you sir! Yes, it's staying stock on the outside :)

internal gate gt3076 (smaller wheel) vs external gare gtx3076. See how flat the external gate holds the boost when it hits... It's nicer but not worth all the $$ it would take to upgrade.

Thanks