GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

veigy

Terminal access using RX and TX pins (UART) like shown in this link isn't possible on 187B? https://w3bsit3-dns.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=799958&st=460

As is mentioned few posts above I found USB Ethernet drivers in firmware file. There are DHCP server configuration files too. I tried connect USB Ethernet with USB hub to USB port on HU yesterday. I got message: USB hubs not working. Maybe Ethernet working but I didn't have time and didn't try connect Ethernet to computer for further analysis.

Last edited:

Atsiki

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks cydia :))

Carplay Waze , Google Maps , Youtube Ngxplay

https://youtu.be/MEiIoakOL8Q

Last edited:

bobbybasic

I measured voltage and current of the USB port on the front and it was about 5.2V and 1.5A what is quite nice.

Could you explain what this means please?

What would happen if 2x iPhones were connected (by mistake) at once? Assuming the external USB mod has been fitted or course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Power wise? not much, it should split the load.

Data wise? We don't know, the head unit probably can't pick a phone. Safest way to test is to have a powered usb hub in between the head unit and the two phones.

Atsiki

Passed Driver's Ed
That looks almost factory and I'm super jealous! Mind if I steal your idea here? Any reliability issues with that lightening cable?

:)) yes
Lightening cable very good. Looks like oem , soft and short. I buy 5 pcs same cable because meybe discontinue lol

veigy

Yes It is the same seller as I bought from last week on eBay. 170€ from UK with Skoda theme and CarPlay+Android Auto...

Ramses82

Yes, I have the same... after any phone call, the audio bass disappears and I have to change source (radio or media) and then go back to play on android auto for the audio to go back to normal. This also hoping that android auto opens back once using the "app" button, as in most cases it doesn't open and I have to disconnect and re-connect the USB... I am reqlly looking forward for a fixed version of this unit or I would have to use it like my RCD510, which I am tempted to put back