GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR RSC exhaust box hanging low

edgary

Ready to race!
Look, you typically you get what you pay for. We know what it takes to make an exhaust system that truly doesn't drone. When we made this exhaust system that doesn't drone, we also presented lots of data, videos, sound clips, customer testimonials, technical education, proofs of concept, patents, sound comparisons against competitors exhausts, and we even brought our dyno to waterfest so people could sit in the car and really experience what this new exhaust technology really accomplishes.

Now, we have some guy on the internet saying his exhaust doesn't drone either. But that's it.

See my point?

And I think that's fair. I think for most people, including myself, the line is drawn where you go from presenting those facts and data about your system, to bash the competition.

Like it has said before, that tarnishes the good image that you have been presenting in this forum. I don't think that's the way to conduct business.

Kudos to you for being active in this forum and prompt to answer questions about your products :clap: I really appreciate that. Just don't get caught in the bashing game :iono:

sweetsandman

Ready to race!
Look, you typically you get what you pay for. We know what it takes to make an exhaust system that truly doesn't drone. When we made this exhaust system that doesn't drone, we also presented lots of data, videos, sound clips, customer testimonials, technical education, proofs of concept, patents, sound comparisons against competitors exhausts, and we even brought our dyno to waterfest so people could sit in the car and really experience what this new exhaust technology really accomplishes.

Now, we have some guy on the internet saying his exhaust doesn't drone either. But that's it.

See my point?

I understand your point completely...it just seemed like a low blow at another big name vendor that's all.

I'm sure you and APR stand behind your countless hours of perfecting a drone free exhaust system...I'm also sure that Todd and AWE stand behind what their product when they say that if you are not 100% satisfied with their product if it does put out any drone that you are more than welcome to return it for refund. Either way works perfectly fine with me...I was just a little put back by the comment that's all :w00t:

And I fully believe that you get what you pay for...but it's not like either of your (AWE/APR) exhaust systems are inexpensive by any means so that doesn't really apply to a comparison between these 2 fine exhaust systems

Jekyll991

Ready to race!
I understand your point completely...it just seemed like a low blow at another big name vendor that's all.

I'm sure you and APR stand behind your countless hours of perfecting a drone free exhaust system...I'm also sure that Todd and AWE stand behind what their product when they say that if you are not 100% satisfied with their product if it does put out any drone that you are more than welcome to return it for refund. Either way works perfectly fine with me...I was just a little put back by the comment that's all :w00t:

And I fully believe that you get what you pay for...but it's not like either of your (AWE/APR) exhaust systems are inexpensive by any means so that doesn't really apply to a comparison between these 2 fine exhaust systems

I take it you've never seen any apr vs AWE threads etc on MK5 forums. It's quite common for Arin to come in bashing other manufactures even if the thread had no mention of APR. The douchery in the forums is one thing helping me to avoid dropping some coin on the latest APR sell.

Notice how Todd paid no mind to Arin's needless comment and actually remained professional and only spoke of his own products.

Yang24

Ready to race!
Yes, we started offering Diamond Black plating to our Porsche Cayman clients a few years ago and the popularity really took off. We offer that option now on almost every exhaust system we make.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about our catback. There are favorable user reports already popping up on this forum, and we have a comprehensive video on our site with interior and exterior sound samples:

http://awe-tuning.com/pages/videos/video_AWE_MK6_20T_TurboBack_Exhaust.cfm

Bear in mind that our video shows our full turbo back exhaust (our downpipe and catback together) and our downpipe features an integrated resonator to keep the volume in check. Most aftermarket downpipes remove the warm up cat and use a hi-flow main cat, which also tends to make the exhaust much louder. To combat that volume increase, we decided to offer the resonator as part of our design.

Todd thank you very much and again i am sorry . If you could i do have some questions but i dont exactly like talking

on the internet do you have a phone # i could call so i can ask all the questions i have :thumbup:. If not i

understand.. alot more companies are becoming a little to tech savy if you ask me i like talking to my possible/future

companies that i will be buying from, one to one. I have been known to even change my mind 100% if i have a bad

experience with a company like a rude receptionist ect... I called apr and they were very helpful and seem very nice

, i even ended up talking to the APR man for about 20 mins he was very nice (forgot his name). I didnt really expect

arin to make a comment like that:thumbdown:. He has been so nice and professional with all of my questions .. I can

see what he is saying but you do have the maney back guarantee for me thats plentyy of time to see if it has drone

that i can live with or not. O well maby arin's working on an apology as we speak i hope so :/.And also my respect

goes to you todd for not even recognizing his comment and i must say i do feel sprecial that the president of a well

respected company made his first posts on my thread :D. Hats off to you for keeping a very professional view and a

great start to posting in this forum !

artinmoTTion

Passed Driver's Ed
balancing cost effective/well engineered performance considerations

I'm a big supporter of both AWE and APR. I've used several of both of their products for years. In fact, I currently run their exhausts on our 3 VAG cars. (2 AWE exhausts and 1 APR). I've enjoyed Arin and his APR colleagues' support on several VAG cars' enthusiast boards, as well as Todd, Alex, & co from AWE. Used to drop by the old AWE garage when I lived in the area. Todd and Co. run a very respectable operation. It's always better when board vendors simply explain their product engineering and testing and not hammer on a competitor, though the urge is quite understandable at times.

On the mk6 GTI (aka "bada$$ commuter") I have a combination of their products, with a competitor of both in between.

My observations: APR's stage I software is absolutely fantastic, without reservation. APR hardware beyond this point, *IMHO* is representative of their usual technical excellence, but overpriced. Sure, you get what you pay for, but for someone trying to balance cost and performance, carbon fiber, expensive proprietary mufflers, and oversized piping on this car is a bit too much. Literally. Competitors offer the same or better gains with simpler, less costly systems for intake, exhaust, and downpipe. Countering a dyno sheet that shows 3" piping is a bit too much with a stock turbo, and maybe even a little counterproductive, with a demonstration that golf balls can pass through does little to stir my credit card. Cat backs on this car are really just for sound anyway, and they should be made more cost effective. Since my car is mostly for go, and only a little for show, I found both companies' carbon intakes a bit of an overkill. Insulated plastic is fine with me, why not at least make it a less expensive option?

The mk6 is quite well sound insulated, and the AWE cat back on my mk6 does *not* introduce freeway drone into the cabin, if you need an independent voice, sounds great, and has a muffler that doesn't hang down. Some of the piping hangs down a bit much for my clearance tastes, though. (Working with AWE now to determine if that's installer error, as my installer didn't get the tips right either. ) At this point I can recommend it without reservation, and really see no need to spend significantly more on an APR exhaust without additional benefits.

I chose another company's downpipe, though both AWE and APR's appear of fine quality, because cost *is* an object for me, and most others. Given the choice on DP irrespective of cost, AWE's looks like a winner to me with the innovative cat matrix. If I was spending any significant time at the track with this car, I'd probably choose AWE. Since I'm not, I've spent a couple hundred less, and am still enjoying the same stage 2 APR goodness. Cheers really to both companies, to good engineering, and to putting it to proper use on a track. For the best driver mod of all, hope to see all of you at a drivers' school or event (with some proper brakes/fluid).

Todd/AWE

Ready to race!
Todd thank you very much and again i am sorry . If you could i do have some questions but i dont exactly like talking

on the internet do you have a phone # i could call so i can ask all the questions i have :thumbup:.

Absolutely:

Within the US you can call 1-888-565-2257
Outside US you can call 215-658-1670

If not i

understand.. alot more companies are becoming a little to tech savy if you ask me i like talking to my possible/future

companies that i will be buying from, one to one. I have been known to even change my mind 100% if i have a bad

experience with a company like a rude receptionist ect...

Our sales people are highly trained and are some of the best in the business when it comes to providing the client with information.

After speaking with them, I know you will only be more comfortable doing business with us. I understand how trust is very important.

And also my respect

goes to you todd for not even recognizing his comment and i must say i do feel sprecial that the president of a well

respected company made his first posts on my thread :D. Hats off to you for keeping a very professional view and a

great start to posting in this forum !

Even though we have 25+ employees and have been in business for almost 20 years, I still like being very hands on with the company and like to keep tabs on what our clients are saying. I feel that customer satisfaction has been a key ingredient to our longevity in the industry.

Todd/AWE

Ready to race!
I
The mk6 is quite well sound insulated, and the AWE cat back on my mk6 does *not* introduce freeway drone into the cabin, if you need an independent voice, sounds great, and has a muffler that doesn't hang down. Some of the piping hangs down a bit much for my clearance tastes, though. (Working with AWE now to determine if that's installer error, as my installer didn't get the tips right either. ) At this point I can recommend it without reservation, and really see no need to spend significantly more on an APR exhaust without additional benefits.

Hi Art,

Thanks for posting your unbiased review of our system.

We received your pictures of the misalignment and Alex or Ralph should be contacting you today with some basic questions about the install and the downpipe on the car currently. There is a lot of adjustment built into the system so the issues in the pics you sent should be easily solved.

artinmoTTion

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks Todd,

I have complete confidence it will look perfect soon, my problems were on the installer end, I'm sure. It's another fine system from AWE.

Having had a bit more experience with the AWE exhaust now, connected with my resonated downpipe, there is absolutely no drone, its presence is mostly known when you step on it, and a little when you start up the car, which, IMHO, is the way it should be. Test cruising from 60-100+ mph last night, there was no drone at any of these speeds. A mature performance exhaust that's easy to live with, yet unafraid to remind you why you bought it.
:thumbsup:

sweetsandman

Ready to race!
Thanks Todd,

I have complete confidence it will look perfect soon, my problems were on the installer end, I'm sure. It's another fine system from AWE.

Having had a bit more experience with the AWE exhaust now, connected with my resonated downpipe, there is absolutely no drone, its presence is mostly known when you step on it, and a little when you start up the car, which, IMHO, is the way it should be. Test cruising from 60-100+ mph last night, there was no drone at any of these speeds. A mature performance exhaust that's easy to live with, yet unafraid to remind you why you bought it.
:thumbsup:

you shouuuuulllddd...make some vids!:thumbup:

artinmoTTion

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, I know, but you can't post those kind here...
:lol:

Hey, I said the exhaust was mature, not me!
:23:

BTW, I must say that my DP-CB set up is causing my mileage to suffer. Because it sounds so civil around town, I need to find places to let it sing, and it's quite an addictive tune!

Hardwired the V1 today, and not a moment too soon, as one of my observations with the DP-CB system is that it makes it even easier to creep up over 85+ without even noticing it. Again, this setup is mostly noticeable only when you step on it, so slow, steady acceleration on the highway can easily get you into trouble!