GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upgrades

Boner

Passed Driver's Ed
I currently have APR's stage 1 on my car and I'm very happy with the performance. The upgrade was done by H2 Sport . I'm looking at getting Carbonio intake stage 1 & 2 as well as a down pipe with a reflash to stage 2. Anyone out there with this setup ? And what would be the approx numbers for HP and torque with this new setup ? Also if anyone can recommend the best pkg to lower the car about a 1" to a 1.5" don't want any rubbing or to change the ride dramatically and the car won't be tracked. Mainly concerned with the look versus track dynamics . Not really sure what the down pipe does but it comes highly recommended. Thanks

Shimino

Ready to race!
I have Carbonio stg 1 only. I dont think stg 2 ($199 extra) is gonna make a difference.

Downpipe? I got it for $85 from a friend that bought it from eBay. DP is a must before you upload Apr Stg 2.

HP/TQ? I cant help you there. I havent dyno the car yet, but I can only say... APR Stg 2 will make your car faster than 2007 WRX, Dodge Caliber STR4, Mazda RX8.

Drop? I only have 1 inch. I went with Votlangs springs. If you have the money ($1000-1200) Koni coilovers are really good.
Pict of the Konis

Drunknfoo

Ready to race!
I just got my APR TBE installed and flashed from stage1 to stage2. There is a notable improvement in tq/hp, but nothing significant like going from stock to stage1. Nonetheless, I highly recommend you get a downpipe and flash to stage2.

When I was on stage1, I had the stage1 and 2 intake installed. I couldn't feel any notable gains with my butt dyno, but with vagcom before and after at identical ambient temps, the airflow was slightly higher and 3-5C cooler). Eitherway, I was happy with the increased sound of the spool and bov.

As for your requested drop, you might want to consider the vw sport springs (whatever they're called), and you have many other options as well. Just do the research and see what price/spec works best for your needs.