GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need help with offset!

emilatalla

Passed Driver's Ed
Okay so I'm trying to buy a new set of wheels for my GTI. The offset on these new rims is 45. The offset on my current stock Serrons is 51. Also, the bolt pattern on the new rims is 5x130 so I'm gonna need at least a 15mm adapter. All other specs besides offset and bolt pattern are similar between the new rims and stock rims.

*I should also note I'm on stock suspension*

I believe that with the adapters the final offset for the new rims should come out to 30mm (correct me if I'm wrong).

SO, going from a 51 offset to a 30 offset, I understand the wheels will poke out quite a bit, but would they poke out to the point where I would need to roll or pull my fenders at all? Because I would really rather not do that.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
The new wheels are 7.5" wide too (like stock), or no?

If so, yeah you're going to be pulling the fenders in the front.
They'd be poking out 21mm over stock, and look really goofy actually on stock suspension.

Just something to think about

Helpful website:
https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator#

If they are the same wheels from his other thread, they are 8.5 fronts and 10 rear.

I would recommend looking at different wheels, these really are only suitable for a stanced setup, like Dan said, will look really goofy on stock ride height.

emilatalla

Passed Driver's Ed
The new wheels are 7.5" wide too (like stock), or no?

If so, yeah you're going to be pulling the fenders in the front.

They'd be poking out 21mm over stock, and look really goofy actually on stock suspension.

Just something to think about

Helpful website:

https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator#

Yeah my bad, forgot to mention its a staggered set. Yeah turns out it's just not gonna work out really, but that website was actually helpful, I found a set of VMR V708s that seem to work well with my stock setup so I'm just gonna look into those. Thanks anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emilatalla

Passed Driver's Ed
If they are the same wheels from his other thread, they are 8.5 fronts and 10 rear.

I would recommend looking at different wheels, these really are only suitable for a stanced setup, like Dan said, will look really goofy on stock ride height.

Yeah, I'm ditching these rims unfortunately, even though they're super clean :( found some VMRs instead that I'm gonna go with, thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk