GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Resonator Delete in Toronto

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
any muffler shop can cut it out and weld in a straight pipe for you. Try any that are near your home .. I did one for my SAAB at Active + Green and Ross years back.. was $50. it was rusting .. they cut it out... welded in a straight pipe they had lying around.. done in 30 minutes.

GTI_Hopeful

Anyone know any where in Ottawa that would do a resonator delete for a reasonable price? I called Midas and they quoted me $234.98.. lol I feel like that is way too much.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Anyone know any where in Ottawa that would do a resonator delete for a reasonable price? I called Midas and they quoted me $234.98.. lol I feel like that is way too much.

Wow what the hell? What are they quoting taking off the entire exhaust and making the adjustments? If so I guess that's shop time they're talking cause they want to be able to take it down, cut out the resonator and weld in straight pipe cleanly? Maybe ask them what the price gets you

Try local muffler shops that are acquainted with MK6 GTI exhaust platform and know where the resonator is.. maybe save some funds.

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/images/a6/body/gti-exh-notes.jpg