GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cranks dies then starts fine.

andrewd

I have a 13 GTI with about 96k miles on the clock. Occasionally after trying to start it with the engine warm it will crank die and then when you try to start it again it runs/starts fine. No warning lights, no other driveability concerns. Anyone encounter this?
I should probably add that I replaced that MAF at 27k and the LPFP and fuel pump control module at 71k.

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah my '11 does that occasionally. My old Honda K24 did it too. And my old mitsi.

Pretty sure it's normal behaviour (if it's occasional). I was told it may be fuel in the rail vaporising due to heat, makes for a tricky start occasionally.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
It’s low fuel pressure caused by a failing pressure regulator in the fuel filter, replace the fuel filter near the fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
It’s low fuel pressure caused by a failing pressure regulator in the fuel filter, replace the fuel filter near the fuel tank.

Sure, if that hasn't been done (they usually last 60,000kms). I've had mine done within 10,000kms and my car still fails to start every now again when it's warm. I'm talking once or twice a month though.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I have a 13 GTI with about 96k miles on the clock. Occasionally after trying to start it with the engine warm it will crank die and then when you try to start it again it runs/starts fine. No warning lights, no other driveability concerns. Anyone encounter this?
I should probably add that I replaced that MAF at 27k and the LPFP and fuel pump control module at 71k.

Are you Kessy?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion

If anyone is experiencing this issue and is KESSY, the issue lies in your button. Remove the button, carefully disassemble and clean the metal contact points. I bet this is it.

Follow this DIY: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=430031

andrewd

I am not kessy. I guess I will start by doing a fuel filter and go from there. The filter is original and it wouldn’t hurt replacing it.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I am not kessy. I guess I will start by doing a fuel filter and go from there. The filter is original and it wouldn’t hurt replacing it.

Mine had this issue at 98000miles and a new filter fixed it.

jesiali

I have a similar issue. It starts most of the time but refuses to start at times and leaves me stranded. It cranks but does not start.

I'm. Planning to replace the Lpfp and see how it goes.

I have an mk6 Gti with stage 2 tune.