GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MK6 R Conversion

drummaboy94

Hi Guys!

Im new to the forum as I have only recently got my first VW Golf! Im 19 with a golf mk6 1.6 tdi and im looking to do an R conversion in the near future. Anyone with any experience or ideas your thoughts are welcome

First question of the forum: does anyone know of a good place to get the R Kit? im tempted to go for the Revozport Razor R but the cost is a bit off putting.

Ive seen a good ebay seller in Germany of the name DM-Autoteile which looks decent.

Cheers!

CGorman68

Passed Driver's Ed
Just looked into those Revozport products but all are a bit too flashy for my tastes. Except maybe that rear bumper... That looks pretty nice.

I've recently become interested in a R front bumper conversion. I'll be following this thread closely.

drummaboy94

Minor modifications done so far, windows tinted 20% and 6000K interior LED lighting installed

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ryyyyyy

Ready to race!
OEM pieces are very highly priced and hard to obtain. Your best bet is replica/knock-off's.

But the replica/knock-off's requiring modifying your car to fit. IE: shaving/cutting your bumper supports.

drummaboy94

Thanks Ryyyyyy, i will have a look around. Ive got a kit in my ebay watchlist from the seller i mentioned above for around 1000, which isnt too bad when you compare it to the Razor R kit i had in mind. A couple of adjustments here and there is no biggie just as long as i can find a decent kit. I think this ones made from ABS plastic

Jamesanjay

xenonz-uk do the whole kit for 800, including all grills and drl's etc, theyre on ebay too!
getting that kit next month from them.

drummaboy94

Oh really cheers mate thats great i will have a look. Whats your opinion of this for an idea: basically i really like the razor r kit but there is no way i am spending the amount of money they want for the kit. However i can just buy the rear bumper seperately and get an R conversion on the rest of the car (because the rear is what makes me want it so much). But the only thing i am worried about is that will the side skirts from the OEM R line up with the Razor r rear bumper? I dont see why not as its just the vents that are different not the shape as far as im aware but i am only guessing.

Jamesanjay

Oh really cheers mate thats great i will have a look. Whats your opinion of this for an idea: basically i really like the razor r kit but there is no way i am spending the amount of money they want for the kit. However i can just buy the rear bumper seperately and get an R conversion on the rest of the car (because the rear is what makes me want it so much). But the only thing i am worried about is that will the side skirts from the OEM R line up with the Razor r rear bumper? I dont see why not as its just the vents that are different not the shape as far as im aware but i am only guessing.

just seen the rear bumper and it looks wicked compared to the normal R one, but the rear bumper doesnt come in contact with the side skirts? you've got the rear wheel between them. cant see a problem with it fitting with oem side skirts mate