GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

jebusfreek666

Ready to race!
Bought some of the center cap/lug covers to go with my steelies for winter. Part #5N0071456XRW. They were originally meant for the tiguan I think. Problem is, I can't get them to stay on the damn lugs. Sounds like it clips, but pulls off super easy. Is there a trick I'm missing?

Phur

Autocross Champion
Do you know the part # of your steelies? Maybe they're shaped slightly differently. It says that they are for wheel part # 5N0601027B091. I do know that the regular wheel bolt covers for my serrons don't fit tightly either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jebusfreek666

Ready to race!
Do you know the part # of your steelies? Maybe they're shaped slightly differently. It says that they are for wheel part # 5N0601027B091. I do know that the regular wheel bolt covers for my serrons don't fit tightly either.

They are not OEM steelies, they are from Summit. I think they are U. S. Wheels brand. But I have seen several people on other sites say they fit. I am wondering if the lugs are just slightly too small to fit them. They are aftermarket lugs too. Maybe lug caps would help, then cram the covers on those? Or possibly some kind of adhesive? Just afraid that I either wont be able to get them back off, or that the adhesive wont hold up to sub-0 temps..... Not really sure where to go from here.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
They are not OEM steelies, they are from Summit. I think they are U. S. Wheels brand. But I have seen several people on other sites say they fit. I am wondering if the lugs are just slightly too small to fit them. They are aftermarket lugs too. Maybe lug caps would help, then cram the covers on those? Or possibly some kind of adhesive? Just afraid that I either wont be able to get them back off, or that the adhesive wont hold up to sub-0 temps..... Not really sure where to go from here.

Center caps come in a few sizes. Measure again and be sure. If you're only going to use these with vws, break out the epoxy and make them fit for good.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
So I've got all the trim off my bumper right now and I was just wondering...anybody ever take the honeycomb off to show off their IC?

I think it might look pretty good if I put the foglight covers and the trim back in, but I don't know how obvious the tabs on the trim will be.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
So I've got all the trim off my bumper right now and I was just wondering...anybody ever take the honeycomb off to show off their IC?

I think it might look pretty good if I put the foglight covers and the trim back in, but I don't know how obvious the tabs on the trim will be.

You'll be fine man, I was running my car that way before it got totaled and never had any issues. It gives you a reason to wipe down the fmic more often and breaks everyone's neck [emoji28] I've driven it to Las Vegas and through canyons and what not and never had any issues besides it getting dirty which is about it. Here is a picture for reference with the fog housing on

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
You'll be fine man, I was running my car that way before it got totaled and never had any issues. It gives you a reason to wipe down the fmic more often and breaks everyone's neck [emoji28] I've driven it to Las Vegas and through canyons and what not and never had any issues besides it getting dirty which is about it. Here is a picture for reference with the fog housing on

lemme get them wheels bruhh.