GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Beetle 2.5L Engine Cover For Neuspeed P-Flow Engine

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
There is a piece that bolts to the cover that the intake pipe clamps to. From the pick it looks like you removed both the intake pipe and the piece that bolts onto the engine cover. You would need to add that piece back on and unclamp the intake pipe from it then attach the encap where the intake pipe clamps. I can take a pic when I get hom. It will make sense when you see it. Unless the pflow is in the way which it shouldn't be or your cover is different somehow.

Zach0918

Ready to race!
There is a piece that bolts to the cover that the intake pipe clamps to. From the pick it looks like you removed both the intake pipe and the piece that bolts onto the engine cover. You would need to add that piece back on and unclamp the intake pipe from it then attach the encap where the intake pipe clamps. I can take a pic when I get hom. It will make sense when you see it. Unless the pflow is in the way which it shouldn't be or your cover is different somehow.

This is the hole that I cannot figure out how to cover with the cap:

This is what the p-flo looks like:

This is where the hole is that I used the end cap for, its hard to see with the cover on:

Does that help?

Zach0918

Ready to race!
Just relized you do not have a p-flo. The piece you attached the end cap to is reused to connect the filter to the rest of the intake. You can see it in pic 2, its the black piece going through the p-flos metal bracket.

Zach0918

Ready to race!
2 follow up questions:

1. Anyone know if that “intake adapter” that gets reused in 2.5L specific? Gonna be a bitch to source one it seems.

2. With the beetle engine cover is there any figment issues? (I saw someone mention this) and are there any concerns with dirt/debris getting under it because it is so much smaller?

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
I would but I live in CA so every 2 years I have to put the car back to stock for the smog test.

That piece is actually part of the engine cover so it will likely be impossible to find unless you randomely find it on ebay or something. I would just leave it open and take the air filter out.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Looks good. I used to not be a fan but that cover has grown on me Are you gonna paint it or leave it grey. Looks good grey but would look good black or color matched to the car maybe.

Zach0918

Ready to race!
Looks good. I used to not be a fan but that cover has grown on me Are you gonna paint it or leave it grey. Looks good grey but would look good black or color matched to the car maybe.

Eh I think it would look better color matched as well but with it needing to be paint that can withstand the engine heat I feel like it would be pretty expensive. I wanna get the roof wrapped first.