GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bad blow off sound

TheQuietShart

Recently I put in a cobb cold air intake and ever since then I've had a bad blow off noise when shifting from first to second in lower rpms and on a cold start. Any ideas on what the possible issues could be?

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Recently I put in a cobb cold air intake and ever since then I've had a bad blow off noise when shifting from first to second in lower rpms and on a cold start. Any ideas on what the possible issues could be?

What do you mean by bad? With any intake DV and Turbo sounds are going to get way louder

TheQuietShart

It is like a groggy deep noise. Sounds like it's coming from driver side. I forgot to plug in my MAF sensor and it threw a p2015 but I reset the light and nothing since and have drove the car for 200 miles.

dwilson15

If you threw a p2015 code it sounds like you may need your intake manifold replaced. There is an extended warranty out for it. What year and how miles do you have?

TheQuietShart

If you threw a p2015 code it sounds like you may need your intake manifold replaced. There is an extended warranty out for it. What year and how miles do you have?

I have a 2012 with 49k miles. Will they still replace it even tho I have a cold air intake and a tune?

wlu

Passed Driver's Ed
Really depends on your dealership. They usually try to get out of doing warranty work if you have a tune and aftermarket parts. Throw the stock box back on and see if you can get away with only the tune.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Or if you have an Accessport just uninstall it to go back to the stock map. Worst case is they still notice and you put the tune back on. Best case is they don't, do warranty work for free, then you put the tune back on.

TheQuietShart

Or if you have an Accessport just uninstall it to go back to the stock map. Worst case is they still notice and you put the tune back on. Best case is they don't, do warranty work for free, then you put the tune back on.

I do have an accessport, I dont have a check engine light on but it came on when I first installed the cold air and tune with a p2015. I cleared the codes and nothing has come back on. My cold starts sounds like the engine is struggling for air. Sometimes I have lack of power thats noticeable occasionally.