GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 Gti bad intake manifold

TheQuietShart

Hey guys, I have a 2012 GTI, what I've noticed is that on a cold start my car seems like it is struggling for air for a few seconds. It also seems like when I am in neutral coming to a stop my rpms will slowly increase to 1100 and drop back down to 750. I do have a cold air and a stage 1+ tune, all this started to happen after my car threw a p2015 for runner position sensor but I reset the light and nothing has come back on.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Theres an extended warranty 120k for pretty much all 08.5-12 TSIs for injector/intake manifold. Check the flapper arm area the arm can pop out of the manifold causing a vacuum leak and surging idle etc. Take it to the dealer with the p2015 if you have under 120k they will install an updated manifold. Id recommend putting stock intake back on, removing boost taps etc to give them less things to hassle you about.

smanierre

Autocross Champion

FF_animal

Ready to race!
But if he doesnt feel like going through the whole process of a dealership visit he could do this simple modification. Then transfer it to a new manifold. It's less than 100 dollars.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Id just go for the new manifold. If you're covered its 100% free at the dealer. The new one has a lot of revisions. New sensor, revised stronger flapper arm, new vent hose for flapper solenoid, revised flapper stops, plus youll get a new manifold that doesn't have any carbon caked up in the flapper area.

TheQuietShart

My light officially came back on for the runner sensor. The dealership does have a warranty for my car so I'm getting a new manifold and I will have them clean my intake from carbon, inspect my injectors and change my injector seals