GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RCD330 Android Auto true wireless pairing

torga

Autocross Champion
Is there any way to truly wirelessly pair an Android phone with this HU (i.e. Android Auto without plugging into USB). I've been poking around for a couple of days, but I can't seem to find any definitive information on this.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Is there any way to truly wirelessly pair an Android phone with this HU (i.e. Android Auto without plugging into USB). I've been poking around for a couple of days, but I can't seem to find any definitive information on this.
Unfortunately not, Mirrorlink is probably the closest thing to you will get . But not all phones support it

Sent from my Pixel 2

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
Man, that is unfortunate. I suppose it's a lot of information to send via Bluetooth.

zrickety

The Fixer
Yeah when I looked this up a couple years ago, even mirrorlink required the cable. You get audio control over bluetooth, that's about it. Even playing Pandora you can get nav directions over the speakers. I put the phone between the gauges.

torga

Autocross Champion
Will the song title/artist information show up over just a BT connection? Man, forgot about this thread ha

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Will the song title/artist information show up over just a BT connection? Man, forgot about this thread ha

With just BT and going to "Media" on the unit, yes, I get the song name/artist information. The biggest issue I experience with this with my Galaxy S8 is that when browsing through my song list on the unit and selecting it, it never plays the song I picked. It displays the information, but the actual song that plays is some other random song.

Using AndroidAuto linkage via USB however I do not have this issue. Works great with the unit. Yeah the cable gets in the way because I haven't found a good spot to mount my phone yet, but otherwise the functionality is all there.

torga

Autocross Champion
I might get a USB pass-thru for the little "buttons" in front of my shift assy to keep it a little cleaner for AA use.
But it's nice to know that just a casual BT connection will finally display song info! I ordered mine a few days ago, so maybe I'll get it by late January.