GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bringing an MK6 back from the grave - My Mk6 Story

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Doesn't sound bad at all.
I was thinking it had high(er) miles on it, if you bought it for cheap, but the salvage title helped with that.
If it had a clean title, how much would it be going for? $18-20k?

I think you tried with the truck (you sold that, right?) to get a clean title....can you try that with this one?

I like your plans for it though.
And the extra set of (OEM) wheels is a bonus too.

Pics of the interior?

Did these cars have many factory options/packages btw?

ToMMyGuN

Go Kart Champion
This car would be probably $17k without the salvage title. They have held their value like crazy.

Can't change that the title is branded. I still have the truck, gonna be selling that shortly.

Interior is really clean. No tears or anything. They came from the factory with only a few options: sport package, premium package, and sunroof. I've got all three.

Putting the camaro wheels on this morning, should be fun!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

ToMMyGuN

Go Kart Champion
Ahhhh. Much better.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
:drool:
Oh hell yeah

20's sound crazy, but on a big car like that....they look proper, while still being OEM

Looks good man

McN3il

what an inspiraation

Thank you for this post. when i stumbled across this, i was very hurting after i borrowed my cousin my GTI MK6, same as yours and he crashed it.
i have to say on the night i read through your post i was on the verge of quitting trying to fix after the insurance company refused to pay out.

Then i read your post, believe me today im driving my car in peace have done 3000kms already with it and no problems whatsoever.

Thank you so much, i know your post is old by now but youre and will always be my hero.

Here are the pictures before and after.