GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vancouver Wheel Repair

zorq

Ready to race!
Anyone know a place to repair curb scratches on the rim? Also a possibly powder coat... I just can't believe some places are asking me to pay them 2xx for each rim repair, I might as well buy a new set... Thanks!

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
To repair? Nu-brite, Panther's, Western Wheelcraft.

Western Wheelcraft should be cheaper.

Cheapest powdercoating around town is probably Rainbow Powdercoat in Coquitlam, but be prepared to wait as they are not fast. They do pretty good work though.

SnowBall GTI

Ready to race!
Ian,

Western wheel craft is probably a good choice....

If you go to Rainbow, ask for Steve 604-521-0899....tell him Max with the orange integra sent you.

zorq

Ready to race!
They were asking me for 150 per rim... I'd rather buy a new set of rim if I had to pay that price :p

SnowBall GTI

Ready to race!
i dont recall how deep the scratches on your rim were....but if u want to just recoat it it actually covers up pretty well if its not too deep...u'd need to get the wheel blasted first (should be about 20 to 30 bucks) and then coated (30 to 40ish).

HOLLIS

Ready to race!
Stay far away from NuBright!! They are a joke.

I was run off the road in my 06 Jetta by a Dodge Ram asshole a couple years ago. Curbed 2 brand new wheels. I went through ICBC and a body shop to have the passenger side wheels repaired and the drivers side rear door.

The bodyshop by mistake sent out the 2 drivers side wheels to Nubright to have them repaired. As i Said, they were brand new. 5 days old to be exact. Nubright decided to strip them down and paint them anyways. Charged the body shot $400 to do this. I went to pick up the car aaaand the Wheels were a different colour. and the damaged wheels were untouched.

3 weeks later..... get my car back after having all 4 wheels redone. Now its winter time... Wheels came off and put away.

Fast forward to spring. Wheels were put back on the car and in 3 weeks, the paint was peeling off.

All 4 wheels went back to Nubright.

Got them back in 3 weeks. WRONG COLOUR!!!!!

Sent them back, 3 weeks later, Back on car.

8 weeks go by, Guess what? Paint peels off.

Send them back, 3 weeks later Back on car.

Finally got it right, just in time to take them back off again.

sandwich

Ready to race!
I had to pay $150 + tax to have my cracked wheel fixed in Ottawa. Was more as the wheel the cracked and bent, but yea it's not cheap...

DSG-Farts

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm gonna give Green's a try for my bent rim. I've used these guys in the past and they've been good, expensive, but good. The job was done well and right the first time. I was going to try Nu-Bright as they've been recommended by my dealer (Cap VW) and some other folks, but Hollis' review above has freaked me out. I'll report back.

Attachments

• bent.jpg
    bent.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 195

SpeedDemon

Ready to race!
Stay far away from NuBright!! They are a joke.

I was run off the road in my 06 Jetta by a Dodge Ram asshole a couple years ago. Curbed 2 brand new wheels. I went through ICBC and a body shop to have the passenger side wheels repaired and the drivers side rear door.

The bodyshop by mistake sent out the 2 drivers side wheels to Nubright to have them repaired. As i Said, they were brand new. 5 days old to be exact. Nubright decided to strip them down and paint them anyways. Charged the body shot $400 to do this. I went to pick up the car aaaand the Wheels were a different colour. and the damaged wheels were untouched.

3 weeks later..... get my car back after having all 4 wheels redone. Now its winter time... Wheels came off and put away.

Fast forward to spring. Wheels were put back on the car and in 3 weeks, the paint was peeling off.

All 4 wheels went back to Nubright.

Got them back in 3 weeks. WRONG COLOUR!!!!!

Sent them back, 3 weeks later, Back on car.

8 weeks go by, Guess what? Paint peels off.

Send them back, 3 weeks later Back on car.

Finally got it right, just in time to take them back off again.

LOL....oh shiet. I better not go there...you should sue their ass!
My dealer says they can retouch up mine for $80(then again they might take it to some low class place I don't know about, like the time I bought my car, it was suppose to get a wash and wax....looked like just a quick rinse since it was around 4ish everyone was itching to go home.)