GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Interior Lights Question?

dubnasty

Passed Driver's Ed
the orange are same as red for most part but a smaller led.. the majority of the lights are plcc-2's but the orange and the leds behind the headunit are a smaller led. I am going to pull a lil bit apart tom i will try to pull that back out so i can take a pic, but all the lights are soldered on the circuit board.

Hope that helps a lil.

Tom84

Thx Dubnasty,

If it wouldn´t be too much of a hassle to take a pic, I would appreciate it!

Thanks for the info already, I was afraid they had incorporated the orange LED´s in to the buttons... Making it a pain to remove without cutting into the buttons or stuff like that. My scirocco is arriving in a week or 2 and I´ll give it a try. If it works out nice, I´ll do the Golf too.

How about luminous intensity? Is it approx. the same?
I have some white plcc-2´s laying around (3,6V - 20mA - 710mcd). What LED´s did you use in terms of luminous intensity and voltage?

When I break it open I´ll have a look at those smaller LED, in other words, what format they are.

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

dubnasty

Passed Driver's Ed
I have been so buys i havn't had an oppurtunity to take anything apart again.
I wish i had the specifics on lumins and everything but i can explain in my own words the brightness.

The white and blue are way brighter than the red, even when the dimmer is turned down all the way. But it still dosn't impair my vision as much as the red so it dosnt bother me at all.
I did not have to change any resistors which i was kinda afraid of but to be honest once you get everything apart its one of the easier led swaps i have done.

All of my leds were bought through garage1217 but as far as i can see they don't have any specs on the lights like most companies so i honestly don't know the proper specs lumens, volts, need of resistor ect...

I really wish i had a better answer fo ya, but circuit boards are not my forte, but i can do them.

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Dude impressive result! Did u finish the whole interior? If so PICS PLS!

dubnasty

Passed Driver's Ed
No i have not finished, been waiting for more lights to come in the mail, its TAKING FOREVER.... Should be recieving more lights tom, fingers crossed.

dubnasty

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally got more plcc's and my 3mm's in so i will take tons of pics and everything tom when i begin again. so ready to get this finished.

dubnasty

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok took a few pics tonight, still yet to finish but got a lot more done and think we figured out the small led sizes.

Roof controls done, took 6 3mm leds.

Climatronic controls
First pull your face plates off

Then remove the 4 torq scres T20's 2 on sides 2 on bottom

Airbag clip, this is a plcc-4 led in the airbag light. U don't have to remove clip to get climatronic but it makes it way easier.

Once climatronic is out there are 6 or 7 torq screws T20 again,

Now when you begin to pull them apart make sure the circuit board is stays connected to the knob/button side. Back should slide off leaving circuit board.

Once you get to this you have 2 tabs to push outward to release the blue tooth module or what ever it is.
This is with it in.

With it out

With this out the circuit board comes right off....

With it off you can see the tons of lights there are approx. 35 plcc-2's and 27 0805's (not positive yet but measurements seemed right)

Hope this helps

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Excellent work! I'm very impressed with your dedication to update all the LEDs. I

know the red/white/blue them of a stock R would drive me crazy.

MostWanted1

Passed Driver's Ed
You should start asking people if they want this done on their cars im Sure you can make good money and a lot of props :) amazing work

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Holy shit dude, this is amazing. I love the red in my GTI, but with the R gauges, the blue is going to look fantastic. What an ambitious project! :thumbsup: