GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Convert LED tail lights w/ rear fog to dual reverse lights?

nightdrive

Just picked up a pair of Depo LED tail lights. Any way to make it so I get two white lights when it's in reverse instead of one white one red?

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Vagcom coding. Google it bro, I believe it's byte 18 to 1F or something like that. Plenty of threads on it somewhere.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

nightdrive

Vagcom coding. Google it bro, I believe it's byte 18 to 1F or something like that. Plenty of threads on it somewhere.

I have searched. I'm not exactly sure it's possible just with VAGCOM since I think the rear fog is a red bulb.

zug

Passed Driver's Ed
I have searched. I'm not exactly sure it's possible just with VAGCOM since I think the rear fog is a red bulb.
Yeah there's only one spot for the bulb in that spot. So you either have a red for fog or white for reverse. They're incredibly easy to swap out and I believe all you have to do is adjust settings in vagcom to get it working correctly.

If that doesn't do the trick then post back here with a picture of your wiring harness so I can see your wiring to that inner tail. I'll show you what it's supposed to look like. Or better yet, if there is a wiring difference, you should be able to copy what's on the other tail light with the reverse bulb.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion
My OEM LED tails have the fog light. On mine it is not a bulb, but hardwired LEDs instead. So, if yours is like mine... maybe... with modification and the addition of a light socket... or simply replace the driver’s side inner with one that does not have the fog light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion

Changing the coding results in you only having one backup light, not changing the light output from red to white.

Phur

Autocross Champion

I know that some have red lenses as well. If it is only a red bulb, you should be able to swap that out.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Woops...I apologize for reading it how I wanted to lol. In that case yes, if you have a red bulb and it can be changed then make it white lol. If not and it's fixed then you got the wrong version you wanted and have to retro fit or swap housings.

zug

Passed Driver's Ed
or simply replace the driver’s side inner with one that does not have the fog light.

I have some spare inner tails if OP is interested. One is DEPO bright cherry. One is OEM dark cherry.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk