GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

master water/meth discussion thread

Charlotte CC

Ready to race!
Does anyone has a problem with the stock washer reservoir sensor not working properly with a water/meth mix?

Yes, mine comes and goes. Sometimes on, sometimes not.

Meth is clear and so is water. It may be the blue tint chemical in most washer fluids that change the dialectric value.

Snow's boost juice looks to have a pinkish color. Maybe this will keep the light off when your tank is full.

Charlotte CC

Ready to race!
Is a 100ml nozzle in the spaxer and 175 in the tbp enough for a k04 or should i go larger in the tbp?

I assume you are talking about running a 100 file on 93 gas.

I run a 0.7mm (250ml) in the spacer, and a 0.8mm (300ml) at the intercooler exit.

I get close to zero timing pull. I tried a 0.4 and a 0.6 in the spacer but got -6 and -4 pull.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion

I run a 0.7mm (250ml) in the spacer, and a 0.8mm (300ml) at the intercooler exit.

I get close to zero timing pull. I tried a 0.4 and a 0.6 in the spacer but got -6 and -4 pull.

Holy shit things have changed since i last been here. A 250 ml in the spacer on a k04?

Do you live in charlotte?

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Does anyone has a problem with the stock washer reservoir sensor not working properly with a water/meth mix?

put in a tiny pinch of salt and then after a little bit of a drive the light should go away.
whenever I mix up a big batch of w/m (5gallons) I put in a pinch of salt with it and I never have this problem.

s word

Ready to race!

Distilled and Meth don't have properties to trigger sensor appropriately when purely mixed.

I usually premix into gallon containers and add a hint of ww fluid. This takes care of the issue. So will a tiny bit of water or salt. I have never used salt.

Anyone know best quality fingertrap like fitting available? 1/8" npt to 1/4" hose my fitting on solenoid failed, won't stop leaking with hose in place. It doesn't remain extended in locked position. my kits from DO but have had a few parts from there fail now so just seeing what else is out there. Trying not to upgrade to stainless as that is pricy.

twodotfive

Ready to race!
Distilled water and methanol don't conduct enough electricity to trigger/complete the circuit so the tank thinks its empty. The salt/food coloring will add enough electrolytes for it to work again.

Hoosier Daddy1

Ready to race!
Guys quick question, want to install another nozzle in. Currently have a DO D03 in the TB pipe and I feel it's not doing justice. I'm thinking of replacing the D03 with a D05 and a D01 closer to the TB.

System is a DVC 30

Any opinions?

Thanks!

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I'll be joining all you meth addicts soon and my local Sunoco gas station sells the 5 gal drum of 99.8% pure methanol for $35, good deal? What kind of prices are you guys paying for a 5 gal drum of meth?

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Yes and no, ABILITY yes water has a higher latent heat value by alot but meth with truly cool more than water. As in lower temps not ability per droplet. More water you can also put out the flame so to say.

For water you really need it super hot, not a 93 file. Straight water or close to it you want to be lean and hot.

This is not set in stone but is a general guideline. IMO jet a little bigger and run 70/30 for best results.

So to put it very simply, water is good at taking out the really high heat, but meth is able to actually cool to a much lower temperature than water is able to do. Is that correct?

And then when you say "For water you really need it super hot, not a 93 file. Straight water or close to it you want to be lean and hot." Does that mean my race file might like a little more water in the mix? I guess water does more octane boosting then meth does.

I'll be joining all you meth addicts soon and my local Sunoco gas station sells the 5 gal drum of 99.8% pure methanol for $35, good deal? What kind of prices are you guys paying for a 5 gal drum of meth?

Whoa where is this sunoco? I get mine for $47 after taxes from speed and truck world in Ft Lauderdale.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Whoa where is this sunoco? I get mine for $47 after taxes from speed and truck world in Ft Lauderdale.

It's literally about 5 minutes from my house, it's in Hialeah right in front of the bridge that connects Hialeah to Miami Lakes, by Barbara Goleman High School. I spoke to my buddy that works there and he told me they sell pure methanol for $35 before taxes for a 5 gal drum. I was shocked at the price too, I thought it would be more expensive.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
It's literally about 5 minutes from my house, it's in Hialeah right in front of the bridge that connects Hialeah to Miami Lakes, by Barbara Goleman High School. I spoke to my buddy that works there and he told me they sell pure methanol for $35 before taxes for a 5 gal drum. I was shocked at the price too, I thought it would be more expensive.

Oh ok that sunoco. There's one closer to me off US 27... i wonder if they sell meth.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Oh ok that sunoco. There's one closer to me off US 27... i wonder if they sell meth.

I go to that Sunoco on Okeechobee every Wednesday. I don't know if they sell Meth because the Sunoco by my house sells race gas in cans not off the pump so they have everything stashed in a big yellow cabinet, I haven't seen the big yellow cabinets at the Sunoco on Okeechobee so I think they only sell race gas from the pump and nothing else. I might be wrong though, let me know if you find out, I'll check this Wednesday anyways when I head over there.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
I go to that Sunoco on Okeechobee every Wednesday. I don't know if they sell Meth because the Sunoco by my house sells race gas in cans not off the pump so they have everything stashed in a big yellow cabinet, I haven't seen the big yellow cabinets at the Sunoco on Okeechobee so I think they only sell race gas from the pump and nothing else. I might be wrong though, let me know if you find out, I'll check this Wednesday anyways when I head over there.

You'll probably get out there before i do. Lol thanks man!