GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECM Dead :(

danrazzaqi

Ready to race!
Hey guys

so the other day i went to go start the car and it would start. Just cranked and cranked. Got a "ESC Fault Stabilization fault" code. waited 20 or so minutes and tried again and boom the car starts. Drove it to my tuner and pulled codes and got the following

(1) Sensor Reference Voltage B : Open Circuit P0651 - Intermittent
(2) Accelerator Position Sensor (G79) : Signal too low P2122 - Intermittent

Now i gotta call from my tuner saying that after calling VW they suspect a fried ecm. They also mentioned that VW knows this is a problem and offers an extended warranty on it but i won't be covered because I'm tuned. Also APR is at wateriest so i have to wait until Monday to get in contact with them. Has anyone else dealt with any of this before? There is a TSB on a wiring harness for the ECM... Can i flash the Ecm back to stock and take it in to the dealer?

Thanks guys

SIGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been getting the ESC Fault Stabilization error 50% of the time when starting the car. It locks my steering wheel and wont allow me to drive off. I have to force turn the wheel a few mm turn off the car and restart before I can drive off.

6 months now.. should take it to the dealership soon.

danrazzaqi

Ready to race!
I've been getting the ESC Fault Stabilization error 50% of the time when starting the car. It locks my steering wheel and wont allow me to drive off. I have to force turn the wheel a few mm turn off the car and restart before I can drive off.

6 months now.. should take it to the dealership soon.

If youre still under warranty and havent modded the car ie flashes and what not... Itll be covered under warranty

gti925

Passed Driver's Ed
Bummer, man.

Did they port-flash your ECU or remove it from the car when you got the initial tune?

Sonny

danrazzaqi

Ready to race!
Bummer, man.

Did they port-flash your ECU or remove it from the car when you got the initial tune?

Sonny

the car came flashed with apr stage 2 when i bought back in february 2013 from AP Tuning in PA

I then had it port flashed with the ko4 software last summer.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Does your fan spin like 20000 rpm when the key is in ignition? If not, then your ecm isnt dead yet!

It does that when the file gets corrupted too. It's happened to me while flashing Eurodyne and I've been able to flash again and everything be fine.