GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Advice on issue with a shop

Jmoore412

Ready to race!
Looking for advice for the most part. Long story short a dealer I did a lot of business with over charged me on some things, charged me for parts I provided them with along with some other issues. I am not going to name the dealership because they are trying to fix the problem.

This is what I was told on Jun 5th:

Hello Jeffrey , as I told you I went through all docs line by line . There is not always a right and wrong but things get sometimes more complicated . One example are the spark plugs that you said you provided :they had been installed and removed a couple times and the crush washers were not sealing correctly so ******* replaced them. Regardless I decided to give you the customer the benefit . I met last evening with ** ***** (general manager) and we agreed to issue you the refund . I will turn in a check request this AM and will contact you when I have the check in hand . This should take no more than 2-3 days . I will have my parts manager research again for the missing parts . As soon as I will know more I'll get back to you.

They refunded most of the money to my CC but where sending a check for the remainder. It has been 13 days since he said it takes no more than 2-3 days. We got aggravated because he was avoiding the check situation and my wife called yesterday to ask about the check. In which she was told they don't have the funds to refund the rest of the money it wouldn't be till July 3rd when they had funds to pay it. Then proceeded to say if they still didn't have funds this person would personally write a check.

This is not a small shop by any means and I am a little pissed. I install for a living and run a custom cutting company. If I had a customer that needed a refund because of my screw up and I told him I don't have funds they would flip out.

What does everyone here think? Give them time or flip out like I have done since I heard this? Also I spent over $30k with this shop in 6 months so I wasn't a random in and out customer and this was multiple cars.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
What does everyone here think? Give them time or flip out like I have done since I heard this? Also I spent over $30k with this shop in 6 months so I wasn't a random in and out customer and this was multiple cars.

Get it in writing, and give them time.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
I work with multiple shops every day. You just got to give them time. Nothing really ever goes fast. Flipping out isn't going to get you anywhere. Just be patient.

Vroomer

Banned
Wait, they sound like reasonable people. No point making things worse at this point, unless you need the refund to survive (unlikely).

Jmoore412

Ready to race!
I will wait it out till the 3rd but odds are will get pissed if they delay any longer. Just frustrated with shops and haven't had the best luck. This shop wasn't bad the tech was great to deal with though the service guy over charged and is a dick about it.

Honestly thinking about selling my VW's and getting out of the car scene all together. Might just put the money into our boat for the weekends at this point. If it wasn't for running my own company and working as a contractor on installs for certain shops I would have time to do the work myself. With work and 4 kids that just is never going to happen these days.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
If you dont mind me asking what is the check amount?

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Man, you've had some pretty bad luck with shops. I feel for you. Hopefully this all gets resolved in a "timely" manner.

I hope you at least go through with the MK6 R build, though. I really want to see what that thing can do once HPA touches it ;)