GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Renck

Ready to race!
lights look good.

let us know (with pics) how that turns out. i want these but not a fan of how fr the rokblox jut out.

Thanks man! Only issue with the tail lights is.....................I'm not able to see them. It really sucks, I know they are there, that they are pretty and no luck see them in action. LOL

I'll post some pics as soon I'm done installing them. But, I'm now considering probably paint them to match the car. I just need to find a can of spray to finish that project, so it might take me a bit longer than originally expected.

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Put it on the dyno. 335whp and 324ft lbs tq, which I'm pretty happy about.

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Put new tires. Nankang brand. Heard great reviews on it. They drive great.

Fastball

Ready to race!
Today I took a drive up to Komet in St. Charles to have a CEL looked at. I've had a CEL for about two months on and off with the intake manifold being replaced under warranty about two weeks ago. At the same time the DV was replaced. There were about 12 CELs related to the intake problem. The car was running so poorly I had it towed to the dealership. The day after the intake was replaced another CEL popped up this time listed as a turbo underboost.

Unfortunately Curt at Komet couldn't detect why the turbo underboost code was coming up. He explained that it could be something that only a smoke detect test could uncover. So that would be my next step when I get the chance. Otherwise the car runs really good...except for the CEL on the dash.

While I was there I had them change the oil and do a DSG service. Great guys at Komet. Very informative and professional workmanship. Can't recommend them highly enough.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Thanks man! Only issue with the tail lights is.....................I'm not able to see them. It really sucks, I know they are there, that they are pretty and no luck see them in action. LOL

I'll post some pics as soon I'm done installing them. But, I'm now considering probably paint them to match the car. I just need to find a can of spray to finish that project, so it might take me a bit longer than originally expected.

i had good luck with a company called scratchwizrd for spraycan CSG paint. pretty close, if you want to DIY.

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
So I just got off gym and was driving home... after about 2 miles in I felt a serious vibration on my driver front tire...

So I pulled over and look at it and I found this...

My locking lug nut is gone and the other four lug nut are loose as hell...

How is this possible??

93serprise

Ready to race!
Bfi dsg shift knob installed....kind of a pain in the ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renck

Ready to race!
i had good luck with a company called scratchwizrd for spraycan CSG paint. pretty close, if you want to DIY.

Let me google them. Thanks for the tip.

Scratchwizard ftw! I got their resin putty for a very light scratch I got pulling in to work.

Cool. Now, I'm even more interested!

So I just got off gym and was driving home... after about 2 miles in I felt a serious vibration on my driver front tire...

How is this possible??

Did you take your car for service / tire rotation lately? If yes, it seems they didn't properly secure the nuts.

Or, someone was trying to still your wheels...............:iono:

Bfi dsg shift knob installed....kind of a pain in the ass.

"Pain in the ass"? Perhaps, but looks really sexy! Congrats.

Fastball

Ready to race!

How is this possible??

Go back to where you parked at the gym and see if the broken lock lug is laying on the ground.