GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's been a memorable trip

Stinger

Ready to race!
I joined these forums back in October 2010, just days after buying my Mk6 GTI. I first leased it for 3 years, then purchased it just to mod it, following the zillions advice and warnings from many of you.

My signature speaks volumes of the mods (and expense!) that went in, less all the replacements and various issues I confronted over the years which I shared in here.

I loved my car but I grew tired of the constant battle with the 3rd world roads around the Bay Area. Likely I'm just getting old and decided it was time to swap some fun for comfort. So today I did the unthinkable...

I traded in my GTI for a 2015 Porsche Macan S...:eek:

Yup. My wife swapped her luggage carrier for a convertible beemer so it was my turn to shoulder that responsibility but it was imperative not to lose the fun factor entirely. I will miss my stick shift :cry:

Thank you all for the expertise, opinions and humor on these forums! I'm off figuring out what the hell are all these cockpit buttons for.

:thanks:

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
After all this time you haven't figured out that without pics it didn't happen?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
After all this time you haven't figured out that without pics it didn't happen?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

This lol.

Congrats on the new car though. (If it really happened ;))

Stinger

Ready to race!
Photobucket no longer allows loading pics to 3rd party apps like this site and the loading system here only accepts URL links...Don't know how to get any pics up anymore...

Stinger

Ready to race!
So did you flip it back to stock before the trade in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. As is and gave the dealership all the stock parts I had (wheels, exhaust, shocks, shifter, head unit, etc.). I just didn't have the time nor energy to swap everything back to stock.

I'm pretty sure the dealer will ask $12k for it and it's worth every penny, although it will need new pads and tires in the next few months.

Here's what I traded it for:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

Stinger

Ready to race!
its the S so its the 3.0 with 340
The turbo is the 3.6 with 400

Yup! Turbo is around $20k more...

I really miss my stick shift... Paddle shifting is so :thumbdown:

The interior is made for dudes with unfulfilled pilot envy...dozens of switches and/or buttons to press or pull on the console and overhead (Porsche doesn't do on/off; it's so primitive). But the seat with its 28 settings is quite impressive... definitely cockpit feeling.

Less someone is mistaken, this is not a sports car. It's a power suv - or whatever they call it- which goes fast on the freeway and can do a decent 0 to 60 but it's heavy and would be unmanageable on switchbacks if it wasn't for the extraordinary sport seat which is part of a premium package.

I don't intend to keep it more than 12 to 18 months as we are expecting to move out of the country, so I'm not planning on modding it. If I did, first thing would be to lower it by several inches and swap the crap tires the dealer put on it for good summer tires.

Then again, if I had planned on keeping it I would have bought something else. The dealer had a 2013 C63 AMG on the lot for 10k less, but 63k miles. :23: Hard sell to my wife for trunk space :lol:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Yup! Turbo is around $20k more...

I really miss my stick shift... Paddle shifting is so :thumbdown:

The interior is made for dudes with unfulfilled pilot envy...dozens of switches and/or buttons to press or pull on the console and overhead (Porsche doesn't do on/off; it's so primitive). But the seat with its 28 settings is quite impressive... definitely cockpit feeling.

Less someone is mistaken, this is not a sports car. It's a power suv - or whatever they call it- which goes fast on the freeway and can do a decent 0 to 60 but it's heavy and would be unmanageable on switchbacks if it wasn't for the extraordinary sport seat which is part of a premium package.

I don't intend to keep it more than 12 to 18 months as we are expecting to move out of the country, so I'm not planning on modding it. If I did, first thing would be to lower it by several inches and swap the crap tires the dealer put on it for good summer tires.

Then again, if I had planned on keeping it I would have bought something else. The dealer had a 2013 C63 AMG on the lot for 10k less, but 63k miles. :23: Hard sell to my wife for trunk space :lol:
does she really need a trunk for the next 12-18 months? Priorities. :thumbsup: