GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Sorry for the potentially dumb question... So with Stage 1, no whistle, Stage 2 = whistle?

And also, can someone show me where this DV valve is and a link to a replacement?

DV is mounted on the turbo, on the rear of the engine on the passenger side. If you jack up the car on that side you'll have enough room to access it.

Rev D part #: 06H145710D

Or get Gfb DV+ and you should be able to reuse your current dv

Didn't give link because there are a lot places to buy the part(s) from. Just Google the part #

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
I'm cobb OTS 1+ and I get whistle

I think it's a combination of intake type, supporting mods and boost level that causes whistle/resonance. Not necessarily the stage you are.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I think it's a combination of intake type, supporting mods and boost level that causes whistle/resonance. Not necessarily the stage you are.

Yep that was what I was getting at

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
Hey Guys,

I'm going to be pulling the trigger and ordering the stratified flash tune + refinement, just wanted to get some feedback on owners who've made the switch from unitronic or similar companies to stratified. I'm coming from uni stage 2, have all the components in place, going to add a DV+ and intercooler prior to the tune.

Any feedback is great.

davisharr

Go Kart Champion
Hey Guys,

I'm going to be pulling the trigger and ordering the stratified flash tune + refinement, just wanted to get some feedback on owners who've made the switch from unitronic or similar companies to stratified. I'm coming from uni stage 2, have all the components in place, going to add a DV+ and intercooler prior to the tune.

Any feedback is great.

I went from APR to Stratified and couldn't be any happier! Tune feels way more smooth, pulls just as strong if not stronger, and its reassuring to know its set up for my exact fuel, my exact car and mods, and if I have troubles I can call and actually talk to the guys who are tuning my car, not just try band aid fix the off the shelf tune other companies offer.

On another note, just got an APR DSG tune to go along with my stratified tune, and anyone who may still be running a stock transmission tune with their DSG equipped stratified tuned car I highly recommend the switch. Feels way more responsive in Drive, Sport is finally usable, and manual mode shifts was more promptly and shifts are quicker! Overall shifts are smoother when driving gently, and more firm (without being jarring or feeling like something is breaking) when driving spiritedly!

zef

Drag Racing Champion
My experience with Stratified has been the exact opposite. I started out with a base pro-tune for my KO4. Car kept going into limp mode. It got better after a few revisions and swapping out a few different parts but it was still far from smooth especially under varying load conditions (when the A/C is on is a prime example). Every revision took about 1-2 weeks, with the last couple revisions taking 3-4 weeks. Alex is never available via phone, the women who answer always take a message and I never hear anything. I spent an ass load of money swapping out different parts and running diagnostics to make sure it wasn't a hardware issue. After 5 months and about 10-12 revisions (and still having occasional limp mode issues) I had enough and went to APR. Car's been running 100% perfect ever since.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I wouldn't go strat with a k04 just because of the wait time. If you're gonna have to go through 6+ revisions and each revision is 2 weeks on average...3 months is a long time to get your tune straightened out, especially if it's your DD. I don't have that kind of patience but I also don't have a safe place to get logs with that kind of power. They make a great k03 tune though and the first iteration is normally good enough.

On the other hand, APR can fuck right off. I'll never have anything nice to say about them.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
I wouldn't go strat with a k04 just because of the wait time. If you're gonna have to go through 6+ revisions and each revision is 2 weeks on average...3 months is a long time to get your tune straightened out, especially if it's your DD. I don't have that kind of patience but I also don't have a safe place to get logs with that kind of power. They make a great k03 tune though and the first iteration is normally good enough.

On the other hand, APR can fuck right off. I'll never have anything nice to say about them.
I agree. As a previous apr stage 2 customer thier tune for the stock turbo is not the best and Stratified definitely has them beat in that department. Can't talk for k04 because I don't have one but if I was to go ko4 I think I'd go back to apr just because of the extreme wait time with between strat revisions.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
I agree with above posts. Stratified stock turbo tuning is great. However when you start messing with boost control/high boost levels i.e aftermarket wastegate actuators/big turbos their tuning isn't as great. I've been tuning with stratified for about year. I've had 10-15 revisions, with some significant downtime for different repairs.

My forge wga seems to be complicating tuning a bit, combined with a ported stock turbo and IE intake manifold. I'm making a ton of boost but it often feels inconsistent. Also low end driveability isn't smooth.

Overall tune makes a ton of power for a stage 2 car, but lack of driveability is meh. Pushing 26 psi though.

I'm going to keep tuning with stratified but I plan on get actual dyno tune somewhere between Jan-Mar whenever I get a WMI system installed.

My revisions are currently taking 2-3+ weeks, last revision didn't work with 3-bar sensor like tuner said it would. So that's another delay.

Last edited:

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
Thanks for all the input guys, I pulled the trigger and got the stratified flash tune + refinements. So far so good, pulls very strong and smooth. Still need a maf calibration and install my dv+ and intercooler before the refinements, hopefully I can make a little extra power.

ce4

Ready to race!
I'm running Stratified Stage 1 with 91/93 octane tunes. Currently only have a drop in filter and GFB DV+. Thinking about pulling the trigger on an intake. Would I need to get the tunes refined for the intake or will the computer+tune "learn"?

ksandman

Ready to race!
I'm running Stratified Stage 1 with 91/93 octane tunes. Currently only have a drop in filter and GFB DV+. Thinking about pulling the trigger on an intake. Would I need to get the tunes refined for the intake or will the computer+tune "learn"?

Tuning is recommended. You could probably get away without a tune if you used an intake that uses the stock maf housing but if you got a Cobb intake or something similar you should get a tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pdan

Ready to race!
Anyone here with p0491 secondary air injection for CBFA code pop up?? It happened yesterday and today, after a shop replaced my rear main seal. I’ve been reading through a few threads on here. It seems to be an issue with the secondary air injection system. I’ve got a Unitronic intake with the second filter. I’m guessing something got pinched or maybe missed when my intake was taken out or put back in? Going to try and figure out if everything was put back together correctly today.

pdan

Ready to race!
Also just loaded my stage 2 tune. Freaked me out when I first started the car because it made a crazy high pitched squeal, sounded like maybe from the intake, probably related. But for the fuel trims, I was monitoring and idling it seems a bit high, like 1.15 and even up to 1.2. When I get on the throttle though it drops back to 1.5/1.6 or so. Any issues with the trims idling like that, I believe higher is lean correct, something you really want to avoid??

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Also just loaded my stage 2 tune. Freaked me out when I first started the car because it made a crazy high pitched squeal, sounded like maybe from the intake, probably related. But for the fuel trims, I was monitoring and idling it seems a bit high, like 1.15 and even up to 1.2. When I get on the throttle though it drops back to 1.5/1.6 or so. Any issues with the trims idling like that, I believe higher is lean correct, something you really want to avoid??

The higher the fuel trim the leaner the car is running when following the base map. The fuel trim is what is correcting that, or at least attempting to. Have you checked all your connections. Could be a vacuum/boost leak that is causing that. When you said back to 1.5/1.6, what are you referencing there? If those are your fuel trims then I would think that is a huge issue.