GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How Do My Alignment Specs Look?

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Did the technician hook up a scan tool and calibrate the steering angle sensor? If this is off it could be doing odd things to how the electric power assist works.

If you have a VCDS (or equivalent) you should be able to do it yourself.

GTiMKVI

Passed Driver's Ed
I will ask him. I have to take it back because the check engine light is on. It was on when I went, but we had a few things planned, so he only did a diagnostic test and will be digging into it this coming week. He found 3 faulty codes: Secondary Air Injection System (Stuck Mopen Intermittant and Insufficient Flow), and Coolant Fan Control Circuit 1.

Thanks

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Okay so I searched on Google and I found a bit of info.... apparently the steering angle sensor corrects itself after turning the wheel from lock to lock?

Now I'm questioning what I thought I knew.

GTiMKVI

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure, but it’s definitely pulling to the right. I have to have the steering wheel turned a bit to the left to go straight, so it has to be a little off. I’m going back on Tuesday and will let him know.

PeeLo801

Ready to race!
Just installed the Tyrolsport Subframe Kit for the front and rear. The clunking sound is completely gone, but it feels as if the car is pulling to the right. You can also feel that when turning the wheel, left turns are tighter than right. It’s only been 25 hours, and the shop did an alignment after installing the kit, so wanted to check and see if someone had any input on this.

Oh, and other than ECU upgrade done 4-5 years ago, everything else is stock.

Thanks

Is this the same kit you installed:

http://www.tyrolsport.com/suspensio...-kit-for-all-mk5/6-jetta-gli-and-mk2-audi-tt/

GTiMKVI

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, that’s the same one. And they have a cheaper one for the rear which I also installed.

Tires were checked and they are at 40PSI. There are 2 dents in the wheels so I have to repair them prior to re-aligning the car, but it does still feel a little more wabbly/bouncy than usual, and just a little off in general.

I called the installer today and I will be bringing the car in for him to drive it, as there is just a lot of crackling when turning the wheel. You can just hear it crackling when turning the wheel slightly, so there is definitely something wrong.