GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone tried Fuel-it flex fuel kit?

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
https://www.fuel-it.com/vw-audi-2-0l-tsi-flex-fuel-kits/

Has anyone tried the kit above kit or any of their products. I will be tuning for E30-40 soon and would like to have a quick and easy reference to know the ethanol percentage of the fuel in my tank.

This kit is pretty straight forward. Splits fuel line above intake manifold and inserts fuel sensor there. Aside from that it attaches to a Bluetooth dongle that connects to their app and you just run a power line/ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OkogYRapf0

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I know a lot of people run the Innovate Ethanol Content Gauge, not sure how the install is on it though or the price.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
I know a lot of people run the Innovate Ethanol Content Gauge, not sure how the install is on it though or the price.

I'm considering that one also, would get the ECB-1 model reads boost, ethanol content and AFR. $450 for the kit.

Their gauge for fuel content/temp alone is the mtx-d $239

I have a AP, but still want to get a gauge for everything, put alongside Aquamist wmi gauge when I get it in a few months.

wmssbr10

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the kit and it works well. Download the app and connect. Displays ethanol content. The calculator leaves a little to be desired. If you're using 91 the calculator doesn't account for the E10 in it. Not hard to do the mental math just a gripe. Running E30 tune from Stratified and patiently waiting for the Aux Fuel kit for MK 6.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
I have the kit and it works well. Download the app and connect. Displays ethanol content. The calculator leaves a little to be desired. If you're using 91 the calculator doesn't account for the E10 in it. Not hard to do the mental math just a gripe. Running E30 tune from Stratified and patiently waiting for the Aux Fuel kit for MK 6.

Cool. I'm going to run E30, and hopefully aux fuel for full E85....nostrum injectors and hpfp cost too much. Either stratified's solution, also a couple guys on FB have come up with some options.

From fuel-it's website it the sensor reads the "absence of gasoline", surprised they didn't make the calculator work accurately for both pump and e85.

So when you mix for E30 it does display E30 correct?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Hope not to derail but will you or others be running a custom tune for E?

I've ran mixed in the past on the APR tune,car seems fine but would love to tune it. just wouldn't tune for E unless i was running a kit like this.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Hope not to derail but will you or others be running a custom tune for E?

I've ran mixed in the past on the APR tune,car seems fine but would love to tune it. just wouldn't tune for E unless i was running a kit like this.

Yeah it's a custom tune, I know some people ran apr tunes on a mix, but that's sketchy to me. E85 commands a different afr scale and you won't get the timing advance without tuning.

That why I'm interested in this kit or a gauge like Innovate's. Don't want to blow my engine because of bad fuel or improper mix.

Hoping to make a nice bump in power. Real gain is gonna be torque, should put up some nice figures for a stage 2 car.

Might add wmi to it also.

wmssbr10

Passed Driver's Ed
Cool. I'm going to run E30, and hopefully aux fuel for full E85....nostrum injectors and hpfp cost too much. Either stratified's solution, also a couple guys on FB have come up with some options.

From fuel-it's website it the sensor reads the "absence of gasoline", surprised they didn't make the calculator work accurately for both pump and e85.

So when you mix for E30 it does display E30 correct?

It does. I use the Adamtuned ethanol calculator because it accounts for the E10 in 91. Very easy to use. Put in tank size, percentage of fuel left in tank, E content desired and current E content in tank and it spits out the amounts to fill up with.

adema69

Ready to race!
I use the blue tooth sensor for my car with the gm flex fuel sensor. Keep in mind this is just for checking the ethanol content. I prefer this as to the people or just mix and hope its correct. I have had this on my car for a year now no issues at all.