GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 10-23-2018, 11:29 AM   #43905
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: Nissan JUKE GTR NISMO SPEC V TYPE R
Today i hard parked it
Old 10-23-2018, 11:39 AM   #43906
H132
Oval Champion

Drives: '13 GLI (DSG)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
I had one break on me about a month ago, still haven't installed the replacement pipe. I've had mine for a couple years probably and they replaced it no questions asked. I said it snapped, they said ok send me a picture of the pipe and your address and we'll send you a new one. It was the easiest thing ever.
Good to hear that.
APR (V3.1) K04 - FMIC - DP | IE Valve Springs | IE CAI | AWE Touring CBE | DG Springs | Unibrace XB/UB | Neuspeed TOP/TBP | P3Cars - Forge Boost Tap | BBS CFs/PSSs | D/S Rotors | Stoptech Pads | R8 Coils
H132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 04:35 PM   #43907
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Installed Dieselgeek Shaft bushings today. Made a very subtle difference in stiffness side to side. Probably not worth the time. The install was easy and they were cheap though. Meh.

clear is oem rubber, black is dieselgeek delrin bushings.

jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:24 PM   #43908
SELA_MK6GTI
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by H132 View Post
Thanks, usually wipe down once when I wash.

Yikes, I had hoped the revision was better. I'll have to keep an eye on it. Did IE replace it for you?

Yea they’ll replace it for you which is the good thing. You just give them your order/invoice number along with a picture of it showing that it’s broken and they’ll ship you a new part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SELA_MK6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:25 PM   #43909
SELA_MK6GTI
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
I had one break on me about a month ago, still haven't installed the replacement pipe. I've had mine for a couple years probably and they replaced it no questions asked. I said it snapped, they said ok send me a picture of the pipe and your address and we'll send you a new one. It was the easiest thing ever.

X2! Great customer service

SELA_MK6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:41 PM   #43910
ACHILLES R32
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI Drivers Ed
Installed a glass screen protector on my rcd330.
There is a slight gap on the left side but not too noticable unless you look for it.

Got the screen protector on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B67Q8KG..._0n6ZBbZCHZ7AB

Sent from my Pixel 2
APR Stage 1 - Neuspeed P-Flo Intake - OEM R Tails - Euro Lip - Suntek Carbon 55 Tint - XPEL Headlight/Fog Kit - Hoen Fog Bulbs - Neuspeed Catback - Neuspeed Charge Pipe - Neusped Discharge Pipe - Neuspeed FMIC - GFB DV+ - R8 Coil Packs - VW DG Springs/ Koni Yellows - Unibrace UB
ACHILLES R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:05 PM   #43911
zrickety
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 153k+
Quote:
Originally Posted by H132 View Post
IE's cold air intake. Car is breathing better and thankfully still running well after 5 1/2 years.
Regarding the bracket breaking...I bought one used and posted a thread, you need to put a flexible coupler on there similar to what APR has on theirs. Engine vibration is what kills those brackets. I found a dorman flexible coupler that is the exact fit. Wish I had the part number but I think it's 3" and there is a thread here somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 12:26 AM   #43912
snobrdrdan
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: a VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrickety View Post
Regarding the bracket breaking...I bought one used and posted a thread, you need to put a flexible coupler on there similar to what APR has on theirs. Engine vibration is what kills those brackets. I found a dorman flexible coupler that is the exact fit. Wish I had the part number but I think it's 3" and there is a thread here somewhere.
LMGTFY:
https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2421506
Old 10-24-2018, 12:30 AM   #43913
snobrdrdan
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: a VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedVW11 View Post
Today i hard parked it

Pics or gtfo
Old 10-24-2018, 12:36 AM   #43914
Mk6Racing
Ready to race!

Drives: CSG GTI

Decided to give this license plate holder a try. Tired of having it drilled to the bumper, and with thoughts about wrapping the car i wanted to fill and sand the front bumper flush.

Mk6Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 01:52 AM   #43915
H132
Oval Champion

Drives: '13 GLI (DSG)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrickety View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post

And I thought I was safe with the updated thicker IE bracket mount. Okay I'll have to pick one of these up. So this flex coupler between the MAF/back pipe will prevent the back bracket mount from breaking?
APR (V3.1) K04 - FMIC - DP | IE Valve Springs | IE CAI | AWE Touring CBE | DG Springs | Unibrace XB/UB | Neuspeed TOP/TBP | P3Cars - Forge Boost Tap | BBS CFs/PSSs | D/S Rotors | Stoptech Pads | R8 Coils
H132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:11 AM   #43916
smanierre
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: MK6 GTI 6-SPD Shadow Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk6Racing View Post

Decided to give this license plate holder a try. Tired of having it drilled to the bumper, and with thoughts about wrapping the car i wanted to fill and sand the front bumper flush.

+1 for a license plate bracket. Once I get all my engine and suspension parts done i'm having my front bumper holes filled, along with the side markers and headlight washers then getting it all repainted. Will look way cleaner.
<<<Build Thread>>> <<<IG>>> Major Parts: 3" 42DD TBE | IE Intake | Cobb OTS Stage 2 | IE Intercooler | Indy 500s 255/35/18 | Motegi Racing MR-133 18x8.5et45 | SB Stage 2 Endurance | Peloquin LSD | Turbosmart Plumb Back DV | Unitronic DV Relocate | Red Top Coils | 034 SD Engine/Transmission Mounts | HPA 75a Puck
smanierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:55 AM   #43917
Short Bus
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: CW '10 GTI, 6MT
I bought my car in a state that didn't require front plates, so thankfully my bumper has no holes. But it's so beat up from eating rocks it still doesn't look great. I've been thinking about getting it smoothed over and resprayed now that I'm not driving it to work every day.

Anybody know if Candy White is difficult to match properly or should a good body shop be able to get it perfect?
Short Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:58 AM   #43918
smanierre
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: MK6 GTI 6-SPD Shadow Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Bus View Post
I bought my car in a state that didn't require front plates, so thankfully my bumper has no holes. But it's so beat up from eating rocks it still doesn't look great. I've been thinking about getting it smoothed over and resprayed now that I'm not driving it to work every day.

Anybody know if Candy White is difficult to match properly or should a good body shop be able to get it perfect?
My mk4 got hit and the body shop I took it to was able to match the reflex silver exactly and that car was 14 years old. I would think a good body shop would be able to match it well, may just cost a bit more.
<<<Build Thread>>> <<<IG>>> Major Parts: 3" 42DD TBE | IE Intake | Cobb OTS Stage 2 | IE Intercooler | Indy 500s 255/35/18 | Motegi Racing MR-133 18x8.5et45 | SB Stage 2 Endurance | Peloquin LSD | Turbosmart Plumb Back DV | Unitronic DV Relocate | Red Top Coils | 034 SD Engine/Transmission Mounts | HPA 75a Puck
smanierre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#assman, #saveboostedvw11, "yeah" -marshawn lynch, brunkelgotback, circlejerk thread, dat forum doe, dont care it got driven, dont quote pics people, dsgsr4women, dubpl8 1-900-suk-ndik, dubpl8 ate his dads ass, dubpl8 likes shrimping, fukyours2k, i pooped today, i'm an excellent driver, ihadsexwithmygastank, my body is ready, no one cares tiggy, nobodycares u washedit, purple helmet warrior, really nbdy crs u wshd it, sexybrunkel, srs ndy crs u washed it, vandorin was here, who's dubpl8?