GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 11-23-2018, 07:38 PM   #44073
Lazer 100
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI
Put the OEM rims back on for the winter with a brand new set of Falken G5 all seasons. Itís like Iím riding on a cloud compared to the 255 Hankook RS-4ís I had on all summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lazer 100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 08:52 PM   #44074
Cal2000
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 13' GTI 4DR AUTOBAHN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk6Racing View Post

Painted diffuser, side skirt and splitter edges to add some red detail. Ordered some vinyl from Vvivid during their sale. Excited to put a thought into action. Next, time to save up for some better looking tail lights.

Looks great!!!
Cal2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 09:29 AM   #44075
alpha3
Rally Car Champion

Drives: '14 CSG GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boscogn View Post
Well got the P2015 and my intake manifold is not covered under and "extended warranty" what it was is a "service campaign" covered under select VINs. Which mine is not part of. I'm having my mechanic take care of it and a carbon cleaning and keeping the receipt in hopes of a future where VW says oh our bad and reimburses me like the water pump.
I took the car into the stealership hoping it was under warranty but since it wasn't had to pay a $134 "diagnostic fee" and wait 2.5 hours for them to look up my VIN. I did get a "complimentary" car wash though so that's something. They quoted me $1300 for intake replacement and carbon clean.
Really why would anyone go to the dealership? I really wish I had a dealership like the Pasadena CA one people rave about. My indie guy though is charging me $875 for intake manifold swap and carbon cleaning and is taking pictures for me to share with you fine folks.
I had the same thing happen on my '14, got the dreaded P2015. I knew beforehand something was up, gas mileage was dropping, the car would shudder and surge if I engaged the cruise control; the manifold was definitely messed up. I didn't go to the stealership, though, I'm done with them. The car is at 87k right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybastard View Post
Submit it to VWOA. They might cover the cost of the part. Mileage?
Maybe. I kind of doubt it. I called VWOA myself before I had a shop do the repair, but like Boscogn above, they said it wasn't covered, my vin wasn't part of the campaign. Told me to keep receipts for 'future possibilites.' uh huh. Whatever. I changed the oil as well, right after the IM change and carbon clean so he runs like a watch now.
alpha3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 10:04 AM   #44076
hbrown0509
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 VW GTI 4DR DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk6Racing View Post

Painted diffuser, side skirt and splitter edges to add some red detail. Ordered some vinyl from Vvivid during their sale. Excited to put a thought into action. Next, time to save up for some better looking tail lights.

The red striping on the diffuser is a good look! What kind of paint did you use?

hbrown0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 12:25 PM   #44077
cchase__
Oval Newbie

Drives: Shadow Blue Metallic MK6 GTI 2 Door
Ordered my cast aluminum water pump from usp and it says it wont ship out till feb 4th..
cchase__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 12:55 PM   #44078
jschusteritsch
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: '14 4dr GTI, '10 Passat Wagon
Yesterday I replaced my fog light bulbs with Nokya yellow ones on my new to me '14 GTI DE, replaced the orange marker lights with smoked ones and amber bulbs, and swapped the mirrors for blue aspherical ones (oh and also had the tune reflashed from stage 2 to stage 1 so I can use it since the old owner removed the DP when he traded the car in).
jschusteritsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 02:19 PM   #44079
uglybastard
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: VW Mk6 GTI 3 pedal in CSG; Jeep WJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchase__ View Post
Ordered my cast aluminum water pump from usp and it says it wont ship out till feb 4th..
that sounds about right. they make them to order. dont be shocked if it drags out longer. interested to see if the design holds up better than the OEM ones..

R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
uglybastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 04:55 PM   #44080
Mk6Racing
Ready to race!

Drives: CSG GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbrown0509 View Post
The red striping on the diffuser is a good look! What kind of paint did you use?

Thanks! Just some of this that I had leftover from another project. It matches the GTI red really well. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Ole...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Mk6Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 09:49 PM   #44081
uglybastard
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: VW Mk6 GTI 3 pedal in CSG; Jeep WJ
Good old home depot motorsports

R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
uglybastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 10:26 PM   #44082
Mk6Racing
Ready to race!

Drives: CSG GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybastard View Post
Good old home depot motorsports

Haha tried and true!

Mk6Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 01:28 PM   #44083
smanierre
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: MK6 GTI 6-SPD Shadow Blue
Not something I did to my car today butttttt, my coilovers finally got delivered. They shipped from China on monday and said they were estimating the delivery today. I was 100% sure that wasn't possible but UPS proved me wrong. Can't wait to get home and see them. Gonna put a review up on my build thread since I haven't seen anyone use them yet. They are MFactory/YCW Aeris series btw, I believe they had the reference series ones available before and these are the new cheaper, more street oriented variety that were based on them.
<<<Build Thread>>> <<<IG>>> Major Parts: 3" 42DD TBE | IE Intake | Cobb OTS Stage 2 | IE Intercooler | Indy 500s 255/35/18 | Motegi Racing MR-133 18x8.5et45 | SB Stage 2 Endurance | Peloquin LSD | Turbosmart Plumb Back DV | Unitronic DV Relocate | Red Top Coils | 034 SD Engine/Transmission Mounts | HPA 75a Puck
smanierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:50 AM   #44084
ben_m
Touring Car Champion

Drives: Mkvi GTI / MDX
I hit a raccoon on my drive home from work last night . Knicked the lower front bumper which wasn't to bad, but also ended up cracking my windshield tank.....

I guess you can say this counts as a weight reduction mod.
ben_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:39 AM   #44085
riceburner
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG / K04
Got some osir rear seats painted and installed them. In love with the newfound look and stance.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
riceburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:53 AM   #44086
smanierre
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: MK6 GTI 6-SPD Shadow Blue
Decided to take my car mudding. Handled it like a champ.

<<<Build Thread>>> <<<IG>>> Major Parts: 3" 42DD TBE | IE Intake | Cobb OTS Stage 2 | IE Intercooler | Indy 500s 255/35/18 | Motegi Racing MR-133 18x8.5et45 | SB Stage 2 Endurance | Peloquin LSD | Turbosmart Plumb Back DV | Unitronic DV Relocate | Red Top Coils | 034 SD Engine/Transmission Mounts | HPA 75a Puck
smanierre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#assman, #saveboostedvw11, "yeah" -marshawn lynch, brunkelgotback, circlejerk thread, dat forum doe, dont care it got driven, dont quote pics people, dsgsr4women, dubpl8 1-900-suk-ndik, dubpl8 ate his dads ass, dubpl8 likes shrimping, fukyours2k, i pooped today, i'm an excellent driver, ihadsexwithmygastank, my body is ready, no one cares tiggy, nobodycares u washedit, purple helmet warrior, really nbdy crs u wshd it, sexybrunkel, srs ndy crs u washed it, vandorin was here, who's dubpl8?