GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Clutch Installed = Cracked Turbo then Oil Leak?

Labbatt33

Ready to race!
I bought a used (24k miles) Golf R from a local dealership back in November. The car was CPO even though it had a DP/tune and I worked a clutch install into the deal. The same dealership did the install but it took 4 day because they said they had some problems. When I got the car back, I noticed a small oil drip from the backside of the turbo coming off the oil lines
I took the car back and they said the turbo was cracked and needed to be replaced. It took them 3 days to replace the turbo but it was still leaking oil from the same spot. I once again took the car in and they said they couldn't find the source of the leak. They said they cleaned up the oil and let the car idle for 30 mins and there was no evidence of oil.
The car is still leaking oil. I had the intake off yesterday to see if I could find the source but I didn't. The PCV line entering the turbo is fine, no leaks. The intake piping was nice and tight so no oil from there. I'm stumped.

ilimit

Ready to race!
Is it leaking tranny fluid? Maybe check to see if they replaced the gasket between the transfer case after your clutch install?

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I'd take it somewhere else... I mean it shouldn't be too hard to find the leak if they cleaned it up. My guess is the oil return Gasket is leaking. I had a leak there.

Labbatt33

Ready to race!
Dealership #2 thinks dealership #1 neglected to install the oil return gasket on the new turbo. They didn't have one so I'll have to go back.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I'd take it somewhere else... I mean it shouldn't be too hard to find the leak if they cleaned it up. My guess is the oil return Gasket is leaking. I had a leak there.

Dealership #2 thinks dealership #1 neglected to install the oil return gasket on the new turbo. They didn't have one so I'll have to go back.