GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Downpipe questions?

Boostaholic1

Ready to race!
How many of you are running catless? How many catless people can really smell the exhaust at idle? I'm now thinking of buying a high flow cat lol

MKV Aaron1

Ready to race!
I had one on my first R, and going to have one on this one.

You can smell it, but not at idle, usually. When the wind blows towards the front, such as coming to a stop, reversing, etc you can smell it. Also, those behind you will smell it, but you won't smell it under normal circumstances.

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
catless here. no drone at all.
running CTS Catless TBE.

its doesnt smell terrible. only really smell the exhaust fumes with windows down and at a full stop. even then, its tolerable.

KAW96

Passed Driver's Ed
Been catless for a couple months now. No complaints. My car doesn't drone at all. Personally, I like the smell, but you can only smell it depending on wind and how hard your driving; if you don't like the smell I wouldn't reccomend it.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Was catless no issues with drone and the smell was very minimal to me as the driver. On the other hand I have driven behind a friends catless GLI and I thought I was going to suffocate from the smell. You may think it's not bad but try driving behind someone sometime.

I didn't want to give a cop driving behind me another reason to pull me over so I went with the catted option this time around. Do I really want to risk it for +2hp?

Sent from my BendGate Plus.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
How many of you are running catless? How many catless people can really smell the exhaust at idle? I'm now thinking of buying a high flow cat lol

Yeah it smells bad and the drone sucks, So i think I am going to put a cat on and go stock catback again.

Sounds like you already knew what you wanted before you started this thread.

:rolleyes:

Boostaholic1

Ready to race!
Sounds like you already knew what you wanted before you started this thread.

:rolleyes:

How so? different days posted..?? :w00t:

Anyways, as i've been driving i'm debating, but now I was informed of a drone pipe you can have on the exhaust .. soo now i'm even more confused.. :mad0259:

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
How so? different days posted..?? :w00t:

Anyways, as i've been driving i'm debating, but now I was informed of a drone pipe you can have on the exhaust .. soo now i'm even more confused.. :mad0259:

Not sure what a drone pipe is.

Mindfields

Ready to race!
I love my catless dp and stock catback, I think the valve on the catback helps with the low rpm sound, or lack there of

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Catless DP + Stock CBE is a good combo. It sounds completely normal/tame during regular driving; when you open it up it sounds deep and throaty.

Boostaholic1

Ready to race!
TSI, do you get much smell with the stock catback? Since having no cat? I am getting my stock catback put back on tomorrow and if it still stinks cat next week