GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil from oil cap

bentegrity

I have a 2012 Golf R 6 speed, 92.3k miles on it. It has the APR Boost tap connected to a gauge (from previous owner). Anyhow, I helped jumpstart a friend’s car a few days ago and noticed the line going from the tap to the gauge was a bit in the way of the plastic battery cover so I had to move it. Didn’t think much of it, thought I returned it to the right place. A couple of days later, I notice I got a bit of oil spray from my oil cap. I know that’s commonly an indicator of a bad PCV valve. It’s happened on two drives in a row so I thought it must be completely locked up. I get home and try the test of removing the oil cap while idling and the car cannot idle when cap is removed, there is a noticeable vacuum. My understanding was that if the PCV is bad, then it would idle as normal without the oil cap. I have an APR Catch Can on the way to eliminate this issue for good but my car is my daily so I wanted to post in here to see if anyone had any advice or insight as to what’s going on or if I’m on the right track. Maybe if you’re in the Austin/San Antonio area and have a spare working PCV valve to hand off [emoji4] any help is appreciated

Last edited: