Pro tunes sold out. What do I do

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Probably just gotta wait, seems like they are overloaded atm

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Pro tunes sold out. What do I do

That's crazy. I wonder if they marked it sold out just so they could catch up with customers that are still waiting.

If I had a k04 I don't know that I would go with stratified, just to skip all the back and forth while trying to refine your tune. I'd find a local shop that has a dyno and can either do the tune for you or they have a cobb tuner contact they can send logs to who would be able to make adjustments on the spot and send you a new file. Get multiple logs done in 1 day with multiple revisions. Unless you could coordinate that with stratified.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
That's crazy. I wonder if they marked it sold out just so they could catch up with customers that are still waiting.

If I had a k04 I don't know that I would go with stratified, just to skip all the back and forth while trying to refine your tune. I'd find a local shop that has a dyno and can either do the tune for you or they have a cobb tuner contact they can send logs to who would be able to make adjustments on the spot and send you a new file. Get multiple logs done in 1 day with multiple revisions. Unless you could coordinate that with stratified.
With my special blend of parts, I am chasing reputation to ensure a good job.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

that's probably correct and i wouldn't expect them to acknowledge it on here... either way wait a bit...

ksandman

Ready to race!
With my special blend of parts, I am chasing reputation to ensure a good job.

Email Justin at Freektune if you’re looking for another option. I am more than happy with how my car turned out and I was never left hanging for two weeks to get a new log. Not hating on stratified as Alex is a great tuner, but there are other options out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zef

Drag Racing Champion
While my strat tune is definitely fast, my car has never really run right since working with them. It's difficult to datalog these issues because they're not always consistent. You really need a tuner who can sit in the car with you and feel what the car is doing. That is a huge and very important step that's missed when doing this whole remote tuning thing.

Also, since March my car has been occasionally going into limp mode. Essentially the response I got from them was we are basically looking to turn off the safe monitors which are causing the fault to trigger. I wasn't exactly thrilled by that response.

I will likely be switching to UM since they are local and Fred can tune the car in person. Between him doing a good mix of dyno and street tuning the car should be perfect. UM will also still allow me to disable the CEL for my Tyrolsport radiator.

Not saying anything bad about Alex as he's a great tuner, but this has been a slow and painful process that I don't really have anymore patience for. I've spent lots of time and money thinking my car had boost leaks, exhaust leaks etc that they had me believe were causing my issues but I've eliminated every possibility.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
Still dont know wtf this is, revving up to like 4k helps when shifting but the hang still feels weird, i have a clutch and lightweight flywheel so that should've helped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoYn3jehmA

The ECU shuts off fueling when shifting or letting off but re-engages it right around 1200 RPM to prevent the car from stalling. This is where you are seeing the needle slow down its descent. However this should not affect the shifting as you won't be in that RPM range when shifting.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
The ECU shuts off fueling when shifting or letting off but re-engages it right around 1200 RPM to prevent the car from stalling. This is where you are seeing the needle slow down its descent. However this should not affect the shifting as you won't be in that RPM range when shifting.

thank you, also noticed the needle likes to hang out around 2k sometimes, guess its safe to say thats normal too

Chad4517

I just got my stratified tune last week and I ordered the crackles tune, I can’t get the crackles to work at all. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do? I have a beluga racing catback and an integrated engineering intake.

ksandman

Ready to race!
I just got my stratified tune last week and I ordered the crackles tune, I can’t get the crackles to work at all. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do? I have a beluga racing catback and an integrated engineering intake.

Did you flash the correct map? You’ll get sent 2 different maps. 1 crackles and 1 no crackles

Chad4517

Did you flash the correct map? You’ll get sent 2 different maps. 1 crackles and 1 no crackles

Yeah I flashed the one labeled LEC, could it maybe be because I don’t have a downpipe?