GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

zVp's 2012 VW GTI

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for all the advice people, I think I'm gonna call up H2Sport and get an appointment :)

And lodi, that's pretty much what went through my mind too about the sways as well, heh. You're right about the tune being the better mod for now

O-III

Ready to race!
Q: DRLs inactive with Turn Signals active. What is the purpose of this? I've noticed this for years on Chrysler vehicles and lately on Audi as well. Personally I think it's ugly and weird. Is there a jurisdiction where this is required? Sorry if I offended anyone!

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Q: DRLs inactive with Turn Signals active. What is the purpose of this? I've noticed this for years on Chrysler vehicles and lately on Audi as well. Personally I think it's ugly and weird. Is there a jurisdiction where this is required? Sorry if I offended anyone!

I think the safety aspect is that the turn signal is more visible when the DRL is off. Personally, I think it looks kinda stupid when the ENTIRE bulb turns off, that's why I dim my LEDs instead of turning them completely off.

I don't think it's mandatory in Canada or the USA but I could be wrong :)

O-III

Ready to race!
Thanks zVp!

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Hey Mike, how are you liking the XDS setting? Is it noticeable in daily driving or only when pushing it?

Nah, you won't feel it during daily driving, only when pushing it. It is a nice little difference when you are cornering, though :)

HOWEVER, your steering might feel a bit heavier when you enable it. I don't really know why, though...

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Springs finally arrived! Just gotta find a local shop to install 'em.

mk6-k

Ready to race!
Hey, great news Mike. I just had mine installed last monday along with an APR rear sway bar, holy moses, it's a nice change. Make sure you get an alignment after the install.
I think APR Stage 1 and DG springs are the best mods to do initially, well maybe not for all.
I sure like it.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Hey, great news Mike. I just had mine installed last monday along with an APR rear sway bar, holy moses, it's a nice change. Make sure you get an alignment after the install.
I think APR Stage 1 and DG springs are the best mods to do initially, well maybe not for all.
I sure like it.

Sweet! That's great news! I can't wait to get mine installed soon. How are you liking the drop?

I'm actually doing the same - APR stage 1 + DG Springs + Front & Rear Sways from APR :) I'm copying grambles, bender and modshack on the suspension setup ;)

mk6-k

Ready to race!
The car looks great, even better than I thought. The ride and handling are right up there and I wished the factory had at least used these springs, but, they have to sell cars to a lot of people. Don't forget to get the car aligned. I plan on doing the front APR sway bar this summer.

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Extensive and Elaborate Review of APR Stage 1

:drool:

looool...

I know what you mean man! wicked eh? Enjoy it for a few months, then put on a Borla catback, and be prepared to be blown away again. :thumbsup: