GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 09-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #7057
WAP
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 CSG GTI DSG Mk6 VEYRON
Quote:
Originally Posted by apa11393 View Post
^That's a nice shift knob

Went on a canyon run to feel out the fsb and superpro alk, made the low oil pressure warning go off mid corner. The level wasn't too low last time I checked, topped it off but damn that was scary.
I used to get that in my 'Rocco when I'd hit the twisties extra hard. Scary indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob618ox View Post
Got it towed to the body shop after after having my ex ram it with her car. FML! I only have 1400 miles on it. Sad day
Damn! That bitch get arrested?
2011 GTI DSG -Detroits swapped for Denvers|Soundaktor killed|DG Base Carrier Bars|VW Valve Stem Caps (+10hp!)|Dash Cubby|Euro Switch|GTI Seat Wrench Inserts|Conti DWS's|Vag-Com Mods|Double Apex USB Charger
WAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #7058
thez99
FIA GT Champion

Drives: Carbon Grey MKVII GTI 4-dr
Haha. ya seriously, enough about the damage to your car, is that crazy ass woman in jail at the moment??
Mods::: Modshack VDTA Intake Carbon pwdcoat ./. Apr Stage 1 fully loaded ./. SPM Custom Polished Full TBE ./. 18x8 et45 Alzor 621's (winter)./. 17x7.5 et42 Focal X's, Michelin PSS (summer) ./. NewSouth Ventpod Boost gauge ./. BFI 70a Torque arm insert ./. StopTech ST-41 BBK ./. ECS F-R swaybars ./. Unibrace red UB/XB ./. GFB DV+
thez99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #7059
Clownish
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: GTI
Installed p3 gauge. Spent 15 minutes monkeying around with the vent slates after I accidentally disassembled the entire thing. Ended up using some pliers wrapped in a microfibre towel to carefully jam each little plastic slat back into its hole.

The gauge itself looks great. The wiring harnesses are extremely long and I ziptied them all together, then stuffed some felt around the plastic bits - this car has enough body panel rattles and I don't want to be listening for more. Hopefully it doesn't catch on fire or something... It's all shoved into the fusebox area.

Quote:
Got it towed to the body shop after after having my ex ram it with her car. FML! I only have 1400 miles on it. Sad day
Better than a hit-and-run - you know who did it. Outside of my office, an anonymous patron of a restaurant next door backed into my car at around 3500 mi. Didn't see it since I was reversed into the spot?? This reddish/maroon Trailblazer see me running towards him and he drives off. Replaced a headlight, hood, grill, and repainted front bumper. Over 2.2k of cosmetic damage. Bastard. Had to pay the insurance but at least it doesn't affect my future rates.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #7060
spiker369
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: Pure White 2017 SE GTI
Got my new wheels on today!

I’ll have to get my front fenders rolled now though.. Managed to pull the fender out driving at my normal height. >< Either way I'm happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingthesickness View Post
this car is lower than my self esteem

Last edited by spiker369; 09-11-2013 at 11:05 AM.
spiker369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:37 PM   #7061
moddedeuros
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: Audi/VW
Quote:
Front end a lot and a little bit on the rear quarter. She bent the A arm and the whole driver's side fender is garbage and so is the bumper cover/ headlight assy. The rear damage is from where it was pushed into my pathfinder. I will post pics soon.

It sucks so bad. It's all recorded in the 911 operator call.
Oh man. I was not expecting you to write that much damage. And your other car also is messed up?
moddedeuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #7062
voidopolis
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2015 Audi S3
I've had the car for 4 days now - ive been getting her fixed up... unfortunately, I think I have a bad wheel bearing. trying to figure out which one... anyway - here is what arrived today:

New tires - Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 - winter is coming...

and decided since she is at 35k miles, I should go ahead and do the 40k maintenance. 40k service kit + DSG service kit.

voidopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:40 AM   #7063
newcarsmell
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2013 CW GTI DSG
Time for my free oil change!

Also got some new hankook Ventus v-12's. Loving the grip
Old 09-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #7064
Jason3d
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2010 GTI
Voidopolis, I'm curious what makes you think one of the wheel bearings is bad. Sounds or vibrations?
Old 09-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #7065
spiker369
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: Pure White 2017 SE GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiker369 View Post
Got my new wheels on today!

I’ll have to get my front fenders rolled now though.. Managed to pull the fender out driving at my normal height. >< Either way I'm happy!
Anyone know or can link me to a tutorial on how to switch the tire pressure system from the sensors to abs on a 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingthesickness View Post
this car is lower than my self esteem
spiker369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #7066
MichaelGTi
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI 4DR 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcarsmell View Post
Time for my free oil change!

Also got some new hankook Ventus v-12's. Loving the grip
Those are great tires, had them on my old car and the grip is amazing but they ride like all seasons nice and smooth. Will be replacing the crappy stock Dunlop with those come spring.
MichaelGTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #7067
voidopolis
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2015 Audi S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason3d View Post
Voidopolis, I'm curious what makes you think one of the wheel bearings is bad. Sounds or vibrations?
Well, I've had noise from the wheels since I bought it (5 days ago) but the tires were pretty much shot (Pirelli Pzeros). I did a bunch of reading that those tires get really noisy when they are reaching end of life. So, after I swapped the tires out yesterday, I did some 60mph tests (turn the wheel right, left, right...). I still have noise from the rear right side after putting on the brand new tires (which are very quite) but only when turning left. turning right makes the noise go away. from the research i did, it seems that is a common indicator that the problem is a bearing.

next test will be tossing it up on stands and seeing if I can find any play in the wheel when I torque it. I'll probably just end up replacing both right and left rear bearings while I'm doing it - because if one is going out, the other probably isn't far behind it.
voidopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #7068
brett_duenas
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: '88 325is
this

brett_duenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #7069
APRMK6GTi
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett_duenas View Post
this

that is clean bro, did you do it yourself?
2012 CSG GTI 6SPD | APR Tuned | AWE K04 | APR Carbonio | IE FDS IC | 42DD DP | Magnaflow CBE | Neuspeed TOP/ACP | GFB DV+ | DG S6 | Fluidampr| OEM MSB | Verdict SBB | HST RSR | ECS Bleeder Block | SuperPro LCA/ALK | 034 TAI | AST/GC | OZ | ST40| Whiteline 24MM F&R | Tyrolsport | Unibrace XB/UB/RB | EuroSport LB | Euro OEM LED | OEM Aero | P3 |
Nor Cal VW Drivers Club
APRMK6GTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #7070
brett_duenas
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: '88 325is
yup! A little high-temp paint with high-temp clear.
brett_duenas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#assman, "yeah" -marshawn lynch, brunkelgotback, circlejerk thread, damndaniel, dat forum doe, dfd can suck it, dont care it got driven, dont quote pics people, dsgsr4women, dubpl8 1-900-suk-ndik, dubpl8 ate his dads ass, dubpl8 likes shrimping, fukyours2k, i'm an excellent driver, ihadsexwithmygastank, my body is ready, no one cares tiggy, nobodycares u washedit, purple helmet warrior, really nbdy crs u wshd it, sexybrunkel, srs ndy crs u washed it, vandorin was here, who's dubpl8?