GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat15: Sushi Now Made With Real Tuna - Not That Fast Food Tuna - Jaber Rejoices

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
To be fair, the judicial system is in shambles. Considering that they'll send you one mailing to give you the date, won't work with you to reschedule, fine you for showing up, fine you for not showing up, neglect to remind you (by snail mail or otherwise), and you're left with a system that itself perpetuates poverty. Especially when most hearings (3/4 nationwide) are for simple traffic violations like speeding or parking violations like parking on a yellow curb.

Show me a court that does not send even an email reminder and a guy who misses his court date and I say shame on the court for expecting a 2016 citizen to live like a 1980 citizen.

Sincerely, XGC75

I'm sure in some cases, it's easier to lose/forget in the shuffle. Still IMO no excuse for not holding yourself accountable.

If you know that a FTA warrant will be issued for you if you "forget", shouldn't you do what it takes to make sure you remember?

ALL of the guys in my buddy's shop have smartphones. Might not be the fancy $750 iPhone 6S+ Turbo... but even the entry level, el-cheapo Samsung Android devices that you get for FREE when you sign up to Ghetto Phone Service USA have a frickin CALENDAR in them WITH REMINDERS. Heck even my old flip-phone had a calendar app.

Put it in the calendar app before you leave the damned courthouse, with a reminder in it.

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
In fact, my buddy just rolled through this yesterday when I went to drop my car off.

One of the shop lackeys didn't show up for work Monday - Weds. No call, no show. Why?
"It's not my fault... I was in jail."
Um, why were you in jail?
"Because I missed a court date."
Well that sounds like it's your fault, then?
"No. It's not my fault. I missed it because I was sick that day." (sick = hungover)
Well sounds to me like you should've gone anyway.
"It's bullshit anyways. I shouldn't have to go."

.... sigh ....

Tell them to hire me. No court dates and I don't drink like cray :iono:

Sent from my distraction device

Jaber

Modero
I'm sure in some cases, it's easier to lose/forget in the shuffle. Still IMO no excuse for not holding yourself accountable.

If you know that a FTA warrant will be issued for you if you "forget", shouldn't you do what it takes to make sure you remember?

ALL of the guys in my buddy's shop have smartphones. Might not be the fancy $750 iPhone 6S+ Turbo... but even the entry level, el-cheapo Samsung Android devices that you get for FREE when you sign up to Ghetto Phone Service USA have a frickin CALENDAR in them WITH REMINDERS. Heck even my old flip-phone had a calendar app.

Put it in the calendar app before you leave the damned courthouse, with a reminder in it.

Bingo.mp4

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
ChiChat15: EJ Revives Ghost Town - Peens Everywhere Rejoice

A wild chuy appears!

I'm here :)

So a few years ago (late 2011? early 2012?) when I finally got permission to start building out my team and hiring.... I was having a tough time finding candidates.

I was looking for a pretty particular set of skills and personality (in short, a "problem solver"). The right mindset comes from people of all different kinds of backgrounds, so it wasn't like I could just drop some keywords into Monster.com and BOOM have a hundred resumes to choose from.

We were starting to get a little bit desperate. I needed the help BAD and we just weren't finding good candidates. We had one guy come through, that I was on the fence about. He completely missed the first phone screen with the recruiter. Just a total no-show, didn't pick up the phone when she called. They eventually connected, and rescheduled. Got through that okay, we chatted, decided to move him on to the next step (which was a phone screen with me, the hiring manager). He rescheduled at the last minute (like 5 minutes before the call) but at least he rescheduled ahead of time this time.

We eventually chatted. He was "okay". If I'd had more candidates I likely would have passed, but factoring in the "we need help", decided to recommend he come in for an in-person interview. He had some glimpses of what I was looking for and figured that by running him through the mill a little, we'd be able to see if he really had "it". With this role and this set of requirements, it can be hard to really nail down whether the guy can hack it with 2 30-minute discussions (and one by a recruiter, who is generally clueless anyways).

So we set up the appointment. Guy no-showed. No call, nothing ahead of time. Just didn't show. Recruiter asked me if I wanted her to try to reschedule... um, no. I think he's already proven he's not reliable. NEXT!

I remember the guy because (a) he had a somewhat unusual name, and (b) he lived in Marengo, which is a small town west of me.

Fast forward to yesterday. Local Facebook discussion group. Someone starts this rant about white-on-black racism, and how it's why he "can't get ahead" and "can't catch a break". Name sounds oddly familiar, but I can't place it. Pull up his profile... BOOM. Just moved FROM Marengo to Lake in the Hills (another town nearby).

It was the guy I interviewed a few years ago.

*sigh*

SO tempted to point out that maybe it's his lack of personal accountability and is own f*cking fault he "can't catch a break" but it's probably not worth getting my blood pressure cranked up over it. I already have blood pressure problems.

Lulz wow.
Call him out. Post screen shots here for the homies. :cool:

This
Yup.

My buddy who owns a race shop down south runs into that all the time and is constantly churning through elp. Guys can't make interviews, can't make it to work on time (or flat out can't make it, period), always leaving early, always have some excuse, etc.

Except instead of being able to blame whitey (they're all white) when they get fired or can't make rent, they blame "the rich".

All the exact same mindset.

I'm telling you I'm in. Super reliable dude who loves cars and is all in for learning. And getting my foot in the door win the automotive world. :iono:

Last edited:

BobLobLaw

Go Kart Champion
To be fair, the judicial system is in shambles. Considering that they'll send you one mailing to give you the date, won't work with you to reschedule, fine you for showing up, fine you for not showing up, neglect to remind you (by snail mail or otherwise), and you're left with a system that itself perpetuates poverty. Especially when most hearings (3/4 nationwide) are for simple traffic violations like speeding or parking violations like parking on a yellow curb.

Show me a court that does not send even an email reminder and a guy who misses his court date and I say shame on the court for expecting a 2016 citizen to live like a 1980 citizen.

Sincerely, XGC75

Meh, not really an excuse IMO. Easy enough to call the court clerk to confirm time. Court system is a nightmare for plenty of reasons, but it's on you to make sure you show up (and not look like you just left a fuckin' Juggalo gathering).

Jaber

Modero
Meh, not really an excuse IMO. Easy enough to call the court clerk to confirm time. Court system is a nightmare for plenty of reasons, but it's on you to make sure you show up (and not look like you just left a fuckin' Juggalo gathering).

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

DEM JUGZ.

So many people on point today.

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion

This... I don't have any mercy for stupid people who miss courts dates. If you are stupid enough to have to court in the first place, you already did something that most likely is stupid to merit going to court anyways. Not saying that's all the cases, but there's no excuse for missing it. Other than you are dumb as fuck.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
LOL yup. I said the same thing yesterday! My 12 y/o is more responsible.

Half of these guys are in their mid-30s and can't get their act together well enough to stay out of friggin jail.

amen.

#priorities yep, this is so true.

Bingo.mp4

^ or you just put it on your fridge.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

DEM JUGZ.

So many people on point today.

probably too young for Jaber.. its an ICP reference.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
probably too young for Jaber.. its an ICP reference.

I didn't pick up on the ICP reference either BUT I'll say the last time I was in traffic court I could not believe what some of these people were wearing when they knew they'd be standing before a judge.

You don't have to own a suit and tie... but hell at LEAST put on a clean pair of pants and a shirt that doesn't look like you rolled it around in the baseball diamond before putting it on.

I wore jeans with a button-down and a jacket and everybody thought I was an attorney.

BobLobLaw

Go Kart Champion

BobLobLaw

Go Kart Champion
I didn't pick up on the ICP reference either BUT I'll say the last time I was in traffic court I could not believe what some of these people were wearing when they knew they'd be standing before a judge.

You don't have to own a suit and tie... but hell at LEAST put on a clean pair of pants and a shirt that doesn't look like you rolled it around in the baseball diamond before putting it on.

I wore jeans with a button-down and a jacket and everybody thought I was an attorney.

Search youtube for "gathering of the juggalos" and try not the weep for humanity.

Having done some actual lawyering at the Daley Center, it's pretty amazing how many people have achieved NFG level 100. It's an absolute circus there. Just tuck in your damn tee shirt at least, show an iota of respect to the judge and things go infinitely better.

Jaber

Modero
Please explain how magnets work. K, thx.

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
Lmao. I did have to go to court once, for a ticket, and even at 16, I knew better than look like life sucked at the moment. The judge even said I had more brains than some other people there. I still did something stupid but I learned my lesson

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
Oh snaps forgot about my window tint violation too. I played that bish cool tho. I went in with a polo from my engineering organization at school and dress pants. Judge didn't even bother asking me anything else. Asked me what I was majoring in and he said not to worry about the ticket lol. Smart move was smart

Status
Not open for further replies.