GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OFFICIAL OHIO MKVI CLUB

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
What’s wrong with it? Is that why you’re pulling more interior panels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No lol. MAF sensor is all jacked up. And getting carbon cleaning done Friday. Removing interior parts cuz racecar.

daksGTI

Introduction:

I have been using this forum quite a bit, so finally figured I should introduce myself.

I'm currently in Cleveland, but also spend quite a bit of time in Michigan too.

I bought my Black Mk6 GTI Autobahn last summer after selling my '09 Ford Fusion. My dad started tracking his car, so I got the itch and wanted something I could take to the track with him.

So far I have only gotten tints (15% all around), installed a Beluga CBE, OEM S3 Short Shifter, and OEM+ pads and rotors.

Next spring I plan on installing Bilstein B14s, new wheels and tires (TBD), getting proper track pads, and going Cobb Stage 1+.

Attachments

• IMG_4935.jpg
    IMG_4935.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_7690.JPG
    IMG_7690.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_3341.jpg
    IMG_3341.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_9143.jpeg
    IMG_9143.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_9140.jpg
    IMG_9140.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 162

clownish

just clowning around
Welcome. Cleveland has some gtis around. Here’s a supercharged mustang that couldn’t keep up with my gti. It sounds like freedom though.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I have been using this forum quite a bit, so finally figured I should introduce myself.

I'm currently in Cleveland, but also spend quite a bit of time in Michigan too.

I bought my Black Mk6 GTI Autobahn last summer after selling my '09 Ford Fusion. My dad started tracking his car, so I got the itch and wanted something I could take to the track with him.

So far I have only gotten tints (15% all around), installed a Beluga CBE, OEM S3 Short Shifter, and OEM+ pads and rotors.

Next spring I plan on installing Bilstein B14s, new wheels and tires (TBD), getting proper track pads, and going Cobb Stage 1+.

Nice! what're you thinking for wheels?

clownish

just clowning around
Honestly Indy 500s aren’t that good of a tire. I have them on a vr6 car aka a slow heavy car and I’d never run them on something with torque. They’re okay... I dont really understand why so many people are running them. They were a good deal when they were ~70 a tire but the prices for them keep going up and they really aren’t that great for over $100 a tire.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Honestly Indy 500s aren’t that good of a tire. I have them on a vr6 car aka a slow heavy car and I’d never run them on something with torque. They’re okay... I dont really understand why so many people are running them. They were a good deal when they were ~70 a tire but the prices for them keep going up and they really aren’t that great for over $100 a tire.

IT HAS INDY 500 IN THE NAME, THAT MAKES ANY CAR THAT HAS THEM A RACECAR

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

They aren't bad for a daily with stockish power who wants to do a few highway pulls, but agree if you're aggressively driving and ever have to turn they aren't the right tire.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

daksGTI

They aren't bad for a daily with stockish power who wants to do a few highway pulls, but agree if you're aggressively driving and ever have to turn they aren't the right tire.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Glad I got some feedback on them. The price point is nice and I have a friend who recommended them. I’ll keep doing some research, any advice on tires near that price point for mostly daily use with the occasional track weekend?

jkremer142

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello, I've had my gti for about 2 months now. I'm new to this forum and excited to see there's a thread for our area.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk