GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Emissions Readiness

flight1us

Ready to race!
any recommendations for spacers ?

jhstl

Passed Driver's Ed
The shop I went to used a fabspeed spacer but honestly there isn't much to them - I would probably just get the urotuning spacer since it's way cheaper.

flight1us

Ready to race!
The shop I went to used a fabspeed spacer but honestly there isn't much to them - I would probably just get the urotuning spacer since it's way cheaper.

Thanks man i appreciate it, im weighing my options APR is definitely gonna club me over the head to flash to stock and then back(APR dealer), maybe i might go Eurodyne or Unitronic i've heard good things.

Last edited:

flight1us

Ready to race!
Vibrant J-style 11619 is considered to be quite effective over standard type. I think I used 42DD spacer.

I called GIAC today but it seems they are closed, i know there is a 3 hour time difference. I may just go that route, about how much did you spend on your tune if you don't mind me asking.

You are k04 correct?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
I called GIAC today but it seems they are closed, i know there is a 3 hour time difference. I may just go that route, about how much did you spend on your tune if you don't mind me asking.

You are k04 correct?

I ran GIAC tune back in 2012. When I first went K04. Can't remember how much it was. I eventually switched to DM and picked up an additional 30whp but GIAC tune was solid. Currently car has built motor and an EFR7163 turbo with 480 to the wheels. Which was just finished and I pick up this Wednesday.

flight1us

Ready to race!
I ran GIAC tune back in 2012. When I first went K04. Can't remember how much it was. I eventually switched to DM and picked up an additional 30whp but GIAC tune was solid. Currently car has built motor and an EFR7163 turbo with 480 to the wheels. Which was just finished and I pick up this Wednesday.

ahhh yes i drooled a bit over your build thread amazing work and kudos on the patience with track warrior.

flight1us

Ready to race!

What is DM? i've seen company or tuner mentioned before but just the abbreviation

Jiffyjetta

Ready to race!
Just an FYI. Readiness cannot be "forced".

It can. I have a tuned ecu in my garage for med17.5.2 with no immobilizer and all readiness monitors set to pass and no codes. With no cat or secondary air plugged in, it will not throw codes and keeps all the readiness monitors set. You can literally plug in the ecu and the readiness will be set without driving at all.
Most tuners will simply delete the codes, and readiness monitors will either be "unsupported" or "not ready", both of which will cause a fail. I believe this is for legal reasons. Either way, I do not run that ecu in my current cars.

Last edited:

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I'm not sure if APR has a non-test pipe file for Stage 2 but for their Stage 2+ (K04) file, they put out a file that allows you to switch between non-test pipe and test-pipe. With non-test pipe you can try and get the spacer to work with it. All you need to do is switch the file and pray your spacer works. If you pass, yay, take the spacer off, and flip back the test-pipe file. The non-test pipe file enables the readiness. Ask how I know...

flight1us

Ready to race!
I'm not sure if APR has a non-test pipe file for Stage 2 but for their Stage 2+ (K04) file, they put out a file that allows you to switch between non-test pipe and test-pipe. With non-test pipe you can try and get the spacer to work with it. All you need to do is switch the file and pray your spacer works. If you pass, yay, take the spacer off, and flip back the test-pipe file. The non-test pipe file enables the readiness. Ask how I know...

Thank you for the info ... It has been a nightmare to say the least I'm looking at 650 bucks just get this corrected

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
If your APR file does have a non-test pipe file update out, your APR vendor should be able to flash it for minimal fee since it's the same software with just a new release (update).

On the other hand, any work involving switching the DPs or installing/adjusting the spacers can be a PITA since that can add up if you can't do it yourself. Especially when this can become trial and error situation.

Since I didn't have good luck, I just went with having the OEM DP swapped back on, changing back to non-test pipe and passing. Then I had the A/M swapped back on and set my tune back to test-pipe.

clownish

just clowning around
I threw a cheap spacer, 90 degree, into my
K04 car, I swap to my test “stock” file when I need to pass echeck and drive around to set readiness and it’s good to go. I never remove the spacer. It’s been several years nowS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I threw a cheap spacer, 90 degree, into my
K04 car, I swap to my test “stock” file when I need to pass echeck and drive around to set readiness and it’s good to go. I never remove the spacer. It’s been several years nowS

Can you take a pic of your setup? I’m in the same area as you and am still dreading passing with my catless setup