GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Photos of GTI 2-door and 4-door from Paris Motor Show

GotGTI?

caus GTI is raycekor. :-|
IMHO the tails are more fitting to an Audi, yet they have brought back the original VW style with the bar lights at the bottom, I always thought that the MKV had sort of odd tail lights considering the past styles of the MKIV golfs and jettas.

Overall, I like the New GTI. I just wish they'd have carried the "Waterfall" grill over somehow, as it's one of my favorite features of the MKV GTI.

*copied from my post at GolfMKV.com

gtitampa1

my choice ;)

easyman

Ready to race!
MANNN that car is friggin sweet. I can't wait to get myne!!!!

I wonder if the variable damping is going to be standard.

MrBooby

Chelsea FC!
so what are the changes under the hood? I hear it's an increase of 7 horsepower which sounds pathetic. Why not use the new 2.0T from Audi that they put in their new A4? It has something like 220 horses and a shit load of torque.

HyeWarrior

Banned
Damn VW for making me want to stick with them for my next car :p

Now... I need to decide what color.... They all look so damn good :(

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
so what are the changes under the hood? I hear it's an increase of 7 horsepower which sounds pathetic. Why not use the new 2.0T from Audi that they put in their new A4? It has something like 220 horses and a shit load of torque.
because of the way the group works or use to anyway. If a certain section of the group develope a part they have rights to use it for a short period of time exclusively. Also Audi wants to use variable valuve timing on there units were VW will use the standard units to help seperate them. Its a siimilar principle to what the fiat group do with Fiat and alfa (alfa uses twinspark heads).

johno

Volkswagen Autoliebhaber
i like the new look but the biggest let down are the tail-lights. im surprised all the guys above have no question about the new look and are totally happy to let it roll to factory. i hope they rethink the tails. they just look too boring for the rest of the design esp with the new headlight format. the R version will be my last hope if this gti design makes it to production.

MrBooby

Chelsea FC!
I think the rear is actually good, it's much more subtle than the MKV... they need to get rid of the split tail pipes though - reminds me of rice