GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Paint & headlight protection

Jimmytt01

Ready to race!
Well it's a little too late for the front bumper, I got two little chips from rocks but not too late for the headlights and hood.

Any recommendations? Pix of hood protection?

Thanks...Jim

nevekd128

Ready to race!
Well it's a little too late for the front bumper, I got two little chips from rocks but not too late for the headlights and hood.

Any recommendations? Pix of hood protection?

Thanks...Jim

dont worry about it. hood protection isnt the cheapest thing ever

Jimmytt01

Ready to race!
On my Audi I wish I used some type of headlight protector. After a couple years and rocks hitting them the lens were pretty beat.

I saw a couple post on headlight armor too. Looks like good stuff, just never used any of it.

jni3

Ready to race!
first mod after purchasing all my new vehicles is paint protection film

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Xpel b/c it's self healing and has no orange peel appearance. I have it on my headlights I wish I could've done my hood but too $$$ and I was too late :(

Jimmytt01

Ready to race!
Well I put an order in for headlight armor. So I will be putting that on Saturday still not sure what to do about the hood.

f anyone can recommend a product they used and possibly a picture of the final that would be helpful.

Kyle805

Ready to race!
Well I put an order in for headlight armor. So I will be putting that on Saturday still not sure what to do about the hood.

f anyone can recommend a product they used and possibly a picture of the final that would be helpful.

Do you have a link? Just because I was about to order a set of the clear laminx and was wondering how it would compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

DeathMoJo1

Ready to race!
Cost you a little more but i went with a 3M clear bra on my car. I got a shop to do both head lights and fog lights for $50.

DeathMoJo1

Ready to race!
WOW $50 that a great price. I got the headlight armor kit for $79 shipped.

That is still a good price, i think i just got lucky lol. Could be that i am military. I did the 3M route because it has a lifetime warranty against fading or installed incorrectly. I got the one for my driver side door handle replaced for free because of an install defect, came up a little and dirt got under it making it dark in a section.