GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 GTI vs newer WRX hatch (with led tails)

vdubpwr

Ready to race!
This thread kinda gives me hope. I thought the gti would never be able to keep up with a wrx. Turns out all I need now is a k04 lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

you dont need a k04... look at the above videos i posted

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
How and why is k04 even considered here, we are comparing a modified GTI to WRX, g...how low does a GTI need to go?

Capable 60' times of an WRX are sick, period. DSG stage I or even stage II GTI with ~1.8 60's times would walk all over it down the 1320 ft. Don't forget about the drivetrain loss on a AWD.

vdubpwr

Ready to race!
How and why is k04 even considered here, we are comparing a modified GTI to WRX, g...how low does a GTI need to go?

Capable 60' times of an WRX are sick, period. DSG stage I or even stage II GTI with ~1.8 60's times would walk all over it down the 1320 ft.

might be the awd compared to the fwd in our cars but what do i know.
i think we should compare it to the golf r lol

urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!
Damn, the WRX is a BEAST. My friend just got a '12 and that thing is MEAAAAAAAAAAN!

twistid

Ready to race!
you dont need a k04... look at the above videos i posted

I would take that video with a grain of salt, newer wrx's are fast period. Maybe a stage 2 gti can keep pace but to leave awrx in the dust like that, I call driver mod.

MagicStick1

Passed Driver's Ed
The 'glass transmission' is a myth started by a few new Subaru owners that thought they should be able to side-step their clutch like they did in their previous Honduhs. It all depends on the driver. I sold my Forester with 126k on it and no problems, but I could also launch it with all four wheels spinning at least a few times a month. Because I knew what I was doing. Original clutch, original gears.

On the other hand (and to your point), I wouldn't have let just anyone drive my Forester. You have to respect the fact that with AWD, all four wheels grip and so the weakest point in a bad/shocking launch may be the gears/axles/etc instead of the tires losing traction.

Anyhow, just saying Subaru transmissions aren't junk.

OP, too bad to hear you couldn't keep up. I'm planning to go Stage 1 in my GTI because I miss the power way too much, but I don't really want to do more than that. I guess I'll just have to be satisfied that a modified Subie will always pull on me! :(

It was the bug-eye wrx like 2002 that had a 5 speed glass transmission, i know someone who ruined 2 of them then finally upgraded to the 6speed, and plenty of others on NASIOC did the same

jrokami13

Ready to race!
I call a foul; was the WRX driver even trying? I own both and stage 2 maybe if the WRX or STI is stock. You get better suspension, a 6 speed gear box, 40 more bhp and a few more bells and whistles. But 0-60 times and 1/4 miles for a WRX and STI are the same. You can get a WRX and dump the difference of what an STI costs in mods and be a beast. Unfortunately a WRX or STI can not compare to an Evo but should be compared to a Golf R.

rquinn19

Ready to race!
As I know my Stage 2 DSG pulls on my friend's stage 1 STI