GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ditched work and went for a drive...

itsed65

Passed Driver's Ed
It was just too nice a day to be chained to my desk, so on Thursday I didn't go to work and took the GTI out to let it breathe some fresh air!

Started off driving down to Palo Alto, then up over the costal range on CA 84. Had to follow a cop part of the way, but he nicely pulled off at Alice's Restaurant, leaving the rest of the way to the coast clear. :thumbup:

Nice nearly empty road thanks to it being a weekday morning.

Had a picnic lunch at the beach

Then headed up the coast to San Francisco

You never get this much space to park on a weekend! Fort point and the Golden Gate Bridge.

Alcatraz in the background

Then back home :( Anyhow, another fun day in the GTI before having to come rapidly back to reality of my job. Thanks for looking.

HangAWang

Ready to race!
Wow I love your pics and your Gti :thumbsup:

rstevenson

Ready to race!
some of the best pictures on this forum, thanks :thumbup:

Medussa

Ready to race!
Yeah awesome pictures & GTI

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Very nice shots! I love the bay area - one of the most beautiful spots in the US.

HangAWang

Ready to race!
It was just too nice a day to be chained to my desk, so on Thursday I didn't go to work and took the GTI out to let it breathe some fresh air!

Started off driving down to Palo Alto, then up over the costal range on CA 84. Had to follow a cop part of the way, but he nicely pulled off at Alice's Restaurant, leaving the rest of the way to the coast clear. :thumbup:

Nice nearly empty road thanks to it being a weekday morning.

Had a picnic lunch at the beach

Then headed up the coast to San Francisco

You never get this much space to park on a weekend! Fort point and the Golden Gate Bridge.

Alcatraz in the background

Then back home :( Anyhow, another fun day in the GTI before having to come rapidly back to reality of my job. Thanks for looking.

What type of springs or suspension are you using?

itsed65

Passed Driver's Ed
What type of springs or suspension are you using?

Eibach Pro Kit, springs and dampers.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I actually went to Palo Alto to go to a camera store to get a new tripod head, so what better way to play with it than take car pics! :cool:

E46 SC3

Ready to race!
As always .... Very nice pics Ed! Someday you and my son need to get together for a East County photo shoot and drive.

McQueen77

Banned
those are absurdly good pictures

johntesi

Ready to race!
Those are phenomenal pictures man-- what setup did you use for them?
Also sounds like a great day all around, wish I could get away with doing something like that!