GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Both o2 and MAF codes at once?

metalmariner

Hey so, I have seen a fair amount of posts on here about people getting an O2 sensor or a MAF code but not both at once.

Here are the facts: 2011 MK6 GTI - CBFA - Just hit 130K miles
I've only owned the car for the last 30K miles and it has run amazing. Only ever had to change the intake to the updated one cause of the P2015 bullshit.

The following codes popped up at the same time:

P0130: O2 Circuit (Bank 1, Sensor 1)
P0135: O2 Heater Circuit (Bank 1, Sensor 1)
P2243: O2 Sensor reference voltage circuit/open Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0100: Mass Air Flow Sensor

The car only stuttered once going into 4th during the drive after the codes popped up and hasnt done it since.
I cleaned the MAF and it didnt seem to change much.
Tried running the MAF unplugged and nothing changed.
I checked and there are 10 volts going to the O2 Sensor.
I checked the fuses in the engine bay and the front passenger seat and they are all good. (not gonna lie, I havent been able to find a reliable fuse map so I just checked them all haha)

Im leaning toward replacing the O2 sensor, but its $100 so I dont want to if I dont have to.

My question, is could the O2 sensor going bad cause the MAF to give a code or should I be looking towards something else? Im just skeptical that they both died at the exact same time.

Also, Bank 1 Sensor 1 is the upstream sensor correct?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks all!

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
They should be related, if the 02 is having issues measuring AFR, MAF will throw a code as well for air volume correlation. Those codes are your 02 sensor, bank 1 is after the turbo it's cake to fix. Remove the intake, remove the battery and battery tray, disconnect the 02 sensor at the firewall and screw in a new one from the top of the downpipes, reconnect everything.

metalmariner

Okay yeah that makes sense. Ive got a Bosch O2 sensor that should be here later today, I'll update when I've got it in. Thanks again.